Friday, July 17, 2009

Aqua Pix A Go!





Was planning to do some snorkeling while in the Bahamas, and figured: why not get a waterproof digital camera to document the experience? While the Canon I use regularly still gets the job done at 7.1 megapixels, it is not immune to the H2O, unfortunately. I didn't really *need* another camera, sure. But when has that ever stopped me from buying something shiny and electronic?

I did my research, and seems this Fuji FinePix 10 megapixel is just what I needed. Not too expensive (as far as digital 10mp cams can go), it's light and small, and is waterproof up to 10 feet.

Now, if I was going scuba diving, I could not bring this with me. But for snorkeling and general marine/pool duty, it should be perfect. You can see it has a pretty big LCD screen in the back. Bigger than my Canon, at least. From the reviews I'm not expecting the greatest, most spectacular pics, but users seemed impressed by the clarity under water. It suffers slightly indoors, but is a champ outdoors in both natural light and with flash in murky depths.

Time will tell. I'll be sure to bring lots of examples back, and post them up here.

(Took the pics with my iPhone, which is why the focus is on the wrong subject, and the Fuji cam looks so blurry. Argh! If only I had the new 3G S iPhone!)

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin