Monday, July 13, 2009

Jet Blue Rocks!

Our Bahamas trip is fast approaching for this coming weekend -- WOO-HOO!!!!

Now, originally the plan was for only 4 and a half days since I wasn't sure we needed any more time for a place, Harbour Island, that is really nothing but a long, isolated beach and some snorkeling/dive sites. There's a surprising number of cool eateries in town, sure, but that's about it.

However, after all the stress and heartache of last week, I decided we should add an extra day to our trip. So we'll be heading out a day earlier, which would put our stay on the island at roughly 6 days now. Because, you know what? I don't care anymore if all we do is lay out on the beach and work on our tans. Well, my tan (Lisa doesn't need one!)

Problem is, I was suddenly forced to scramble and contact not one, but two separate airlines to see if I could change our flight itineraries to a day earlier. It came as a surprise to me that the Jet Blue leg of our journey was the easiest to change last minute. All I did was go to the website, check out my itinerary (JFK to Nassau), and change the departure flight to the same identical flight a day earlier. I found the corresponding flight, checked it off, selected our seats, and -- VOILA! Done.

Seriously, why can't all airlines be this accommodating? All I ask for is a fairly decent website with easy to navigate menus and intuitive functionality.

I've always wanted to fly Jet Blue, but never had the opportunity. I almost did with our flight out to San Diego recently, but the times were not conducive to the schedule of Lisa's nursing conference. Jet Blue strikes me as a very cool airline, although I've heard recent rumblings from travelers that they've been going downhill as of late. And of course, there was that debacle a year ago when those poor passengers were stuck on the runway for almost an entire day with no one coming out to talk to them.

Hopefully our flight down to the Bahamas will be smooth. It's only a 3 hour jaunt from NYC, so that will be refreshing for once. When we get to Nassau, we'll then hop a tiny local prop plane to the outer Bahamian island of Eleuthera. That flight's only 15 minutes, which should be a hoot since the plane only seats around 12 people single file.

I also called the inn where we'll be staying to see if we could get the same room but a day earlier. The very nice manager told me that a couple was just leaving our room that same day, so it wasn't a problem to tack on an extra night's reservation for us. Awesome!

So, this time next week I shall be snorkeling, reading on the beach, sleeping on the beach, eating on the beach . . . or all of the above. All I know is, pink beach and sky-blue ocean will be involved. And, really, who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin