Friday, July 10, 2009

The New 'District 9' Trailer

A while back I mentioned how stoked I was for a new independent sci-fi film coming out later in the summer called "District 9." I even posted up the teaser trailer. Well, here is the next trailer -- the official one.



Oh man, as if I wasn't excited enough! Damn, this is *really* starting to look awesome. It's leaning more towards action sci-fi than I had originally assumed based on the teaser, but I won't hold that against it. Action-y sci-fi, when done right, is fun for all. And the August release date seems to put this in theaters right around the same time as Tarantino's "Inglorious Basterds", so looks like yours truly might have to schedule a not so impromptu sick day in late August . . .

Is no one else excited by this? A sci-fi movie by a South African director, filmed in his homeland, and based on a previous short film of his own? And produced by none other than Peter Jackson? Neill Blomkamp is also the guy PJ had tapped to helm his project based on the Halo video game franchise, so you know he has the chops.

I sure hope this movie lives up to the excitement I'm prematurely building. But this latest trailer makes me think everything's going in the right direction.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin