Saturday, July 25, 2009

Smooth Return


Had a great time in the Bahamas this week! Harbour Island was beyond perfect, if such a thing is possible. The locals are friendly if you take the time to stop and say hi (not all the tourists seemed to practice this art), and the laid back Caribbean attitude that permeates EVERYTHING there was a welcomed difference of pace from frenzied city life.

Lisa wants us to try Paradise Island next, but honestly I don't think I can ever go back to a heavily visited tourist trap ever again after this vacation. While there were plenty of visitors on HI with us, I was sure hard-pressed to see many while we were there. The 3-mile wide stretch of beach was damn near deserted most of the time. I couldn't believe our luck!

It only rained 1.5 days of our stay, which is amazing considering it was the rainy season. So for the most part, we did nothing but soak up some rays, read, and play in the gorgeous waters of the Atlantic and Caribbean. Exactly as I said we would. Ha!


Anyway, if you ever get the chance to visit the Bahamas and can't deal with the crowded zoo that is Nassau and Paradise Island/Atlantis, then please take the little extra effort to hop on over the sea to this little out-of-the-way gem. Trust me, you won't regret it!


Oh, and if you want to see a pictorial of our week in beach heaven, stroll on over to my Flickr account and catch my photostream. I'm providing the direct link to my Harbour Island album right here. But I also just installed a new Flickr widget on the upper right corner of this blog. For now, the direct link is your best bet to see all the photos in the order I prefer. So, yeah, click on that. And don't forget to read the captions! :)

3 comments:

Ashe Hunt said...

Looks like you and Lisa had a great time. I'm glad. Knowing ya'll were having a good week actually helped me get through my helluva week. I like the pics. It was cool how the captions on Flickr and Facebook were slightly different.

Kim Kasch said...

Wow beautiful - I've never been to the Bahamas. Love the food skewered with flowers.

David Batista said...

Yeah, I have differnet people visiting different sites for my pics, and some (like you) who visit both. So I try not to use the same captions if at all possible. :)

Kim, the presentation really was superb at that particular restaurant.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin