Saturday, October 31, 2009

These 'Dos Equis' Spots Own My Funnybone!

The Dos Equis beer ads have been hitting the national airwaves as of late, although I've known about them for almost a year going now. They feature the fictional "Most Interesting Man in the World" and are damn HILARIOUS! The 30-second tv spots are made all the more interesting because they use vintage stock footage from random tv shows and movies the actor has starred in. Seriously, check one of them out:



Ha-ha! "Stay thirsty my friends." I love it!

(EDIT: I'm getting lots of google inquiries about this blog entry, with folks wondering about the name of the game being played at the beginning of the above clip. It's called "Jai Alai"---pronounced: hai a-lie---people, okay? Personally I think it's a ridiculous sport, but what do I know? If you want to find out more about it, click on this Wiki link.)

This guy just oozes cool. He's portrayed by one Jonathan Goldsmith who, according to his IMDB.com profile, is a C-list actor who's been a guest character on pretty much all the cool 80s shows back in the day. This must be why he looks and sounds so familiar to me, but couldn't quite place where I knew him from.

For those not in the know, these ads are done in the same humor as the wildly popular Chuck Norris joke meme that's been making the rounds in chain mails and message boards for several years now (some of which are gems, but most of which are not really humorous). These Dos Equis commercials are way funnier, in my opinion. I only wish I could find which movies and/or tv shows some of these scenes were taken from. They look mighty interesting, no?

Well here are a few more commercials to judge by. I'm going to be linking to them rather than embedding the full video since I don't want to freeze up my load bandwidth.

Click on each one. Trust me, you will laugh at the outrageousness of some of the claims attributed to this dude. :)

The Most Interesting Man In the World -- Prepositions

The Most Interesting Man In the World -- The Police

The Most Interesting Man In the World -- Cures Narcolepsy

The Most Interesting Man In the World -- Credit Cards

The Most Interesting Man In the World -- on Careers

The Most Interesting Man In the World -- on Rollerblading

The Most Interesting Man In the World -- on Pick-Up Lines

The Most Interesting Man In the World -- on Packages

I can't get enough of these, but I'll stop here. I even like the music being used. If only I could find out where it's from. Anyone know?

"I don't always drink beer. But when I do, I prefer 'Dos Equis'."

I think I'm going to have to try a bottle the next time I go out for drinks. Now that's good advertising, folks, if it can get me to drink beer!

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin