Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Top Nintendo Games Of All Time!

IGN.com recently put out a list of the Top 100 NES Games Of All Time. Click on the link and see for yourself what was chosen. Mind you, these are just the 8-bit games, most of which were released between the mid 80s through the very early 90s. Eventually the "Super" Nintendo would come out in the summer of '91 and, of course, open a whole 'nother can of whoop-ass on the gaming world. But that's a whole other list best saved for the future, I guess.

It's surprising how many of these games I've played and beaten. Out of 100, I've logged in the hours (nay, WEEKS!) on 54 of them. Yes, I counted. Twice. I culled a list from the list of all the ones I've played. Most I've owned, some I borrowed, and the others I rented. But all of them would witness defeat at the hands of me and my younger brother back in the day.

FUN!!!

Ice Hockey
Rush'n Attack
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Astyanax
Mega Man 4
Kickle Cubicle
Mario Bros.
Duck Hunt
Spy Hunter
Chip'n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Tecmo World Wrestling
Little Nemo: The Dream Master
Kung Fu
Super C
Rygar
Rad Racer
Ghosts'n Goblins
Tecmo Super Bowl
Dr. Mario
Tetris
Fester's Quest
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
Battletoads
Gradius
Batman: The Video Game
Mega Man
Kirby's Adventure
Metal Gear
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Blades of Steel
Bubble Bobble
Blaster Master
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Kid Icarus
Castlevania
Super Mario Bros. 2
Ninja Gaiden
Mega Man 3
River City Ransom
Excitebike
R.C. Pro-Am
Contra
Final Fantasy
Duck Tales
Bionic Commando
Dragon Warrior
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!
Metroid
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Mega Man 2
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros. 3

Personally, Ninja Gaiden would be my No. 1. But I think you already knew that. :)

3 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

The Legend of Zelda was - is - one of our favs. Wasn't Tetris on NES or was that SEGA, or PS, or is it the Wii - heck we've had 'em all

Talk about spoiled kids - or maybe Mom

David Batista said...

Tetris was on the NES, hence which is why it is on this list. :) But it also appeared on other platforms, including the original PC release.

My mom was a big gamer, which is why I think we had such an affinity for them after she passed.

Gamer moms rock!

Ashe Hunt said...

Yes, gamer moms rock!

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin