Friday, February 5, 2010

Return To The City Of Lights


Although I haven't confirmed the details yet . . . it looks like we may be heading back to Paris again!

Why, you might ask? No particular reason, except that we really fell in love with the city last year and felt like we didn't get to see everything we had wanted to see.

Hence, this second trip almost exactly one year later to the day. To put it in perspective: last year we were there from March 21 to the 27th. This year, if all goes according to plan, we'll be there from March 20th to the 26th. We'll try to do all the things we wanted to do before but ran out of time, like visit Versailles, the Rodin museum, the Bastille, see more of the Louvre, etc. And this time, we might even take a little day trip up to Bruges in Belgium while we're in that neck of the woods. The sky's the limit!!!

If you want, you can check out my hasty trip impressions from last year's venture by clicking here. I also devised my own walking tour around the city of some of the filming locations used in my favorite tv show, Highlander. That one was fun! If you want to read more about that outing (with more pictures!), click here.

Sometime soon, I'll update this site with more Paris pics from last year. Because of putting my albums up on Facebook and Kodak's EasyShare websites, I never did get around to putting up a proper Paris trip pics entry on this blog like I had intended to. But now that we're most likely heading back, I'll see about rectifying that little error, 'kay?

Okay!

4 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

We're trying to come up with a way to send our son over. It's hard with two kids still in college. :(

David Batista said...

Aww, I hope he gets to go. I can't believe the airline tickets are costing us twice as much as they did last year around the same exact time. Everything's so expensive!

Kim Kasch said...

We just booked Luke's flights. He will be there the same week as you, that's UofO's spring break.

David Batista said...

Seriously? That's awesome! I haven't booked yet, though. I'm hoping to this week. Maybe we'll see them there!

Did you surprise him with the news, or did Luke already know you were planning this for him?

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin