Saturday, March 13, 2010

Have Luggage, Will Travel

Made a run out to Target today, despite the torrential rains and blustery winds that cause grown adults to drive like scared children on the road. Argh!!!

Anyway, went to get some new luggage in preparation for our fast approaching Paris trip. The luggage we already have is fine, but the problem is that it's all black! Now, at the time, these sets were wedding gifts to fairly new travelers. We didn't know any better when were adding the items to our registry. Having traveled quite a bit since then, however, we've quickly learned just how difficult it is indeed to find black luggage among other black bags at the claims carousel. It's added stress and effort that really shouldn't be necessary.

Hence, these new purchases:



I'm hoping pewter silver and royal blue will stand out much better at the airport in a sea of blacks, browns, and even some greens. What do you think?

7 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

These definitely will but we just tied Christmas ribbon on our handles - it's cheaper ;)

David Batista said...

I thought of that, but sometimes the handles are hidden. Either the bags are turned inward with the spines sticking out, or the handles are hidden by other bags and only become visible when they're almost at your spot.

I want to be able to see my bags from clear across rows of my fellow waiting passengers. This way I'm prepared to snag them long before they get to me. :)

Botanist said...

Hope you enjoy Paris, David. I'd be interested to hear your impressions of the Louvre.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend an hour or so mooching around the Paris Opera. A wonderful building.

Ian

Rodney said...

The only thing I can think of is the luggage purchase scene in Joe Vs The Volcano.

Hopefully, this luggage will be at least HALF as usefulto you as Joe's luggage was to him.

David Batista said...

Ian, thanks! We went to the Louvre during our first trip to Paris last year. But we only got the quick 3 hour tour. And as anyone who's been to the Louvre before knows . . . 3 hours is just scratching the surface. So, yes, this time we will try to chip away at it some more. Maybe two trips on separate days while we're there.

Oh, and we didn't get to last year, but this time we'll be stopping in the Opera Garnier for a look-see. Not to attend a performance, but just to look at the architecture.

Rodney, I wish I was going on a long, round-the-world sea cruise. Then I would definitely look into getting sturdy and all-purposed steamer trunks like those used in the movie. I loved that scene! :)

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

LOL !!! what a reason to buy new luggage haha!!!

well enjoy ur trip to paris =) i'm going for a vacation myself... to shanghai! haha... in more than half a year's time lol...

anyway, very jealous that u can go to the louvre... =(

David Batista said...

I'm jealous that you get to go to Shanghai! I've been dreaming about travelling to China recently. Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Xi'an -- I want to visit all these cities and more!

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin