Monday, May 31, 2010

That Time Of Year Again

To install my three window ACs, that is. I usually wait until June 1st to turn the air conditioners on -- you know, trying to last as long as humanly possible. Because, once I turn them on, our electric bill skyrockets to unheard of amounts. It's obscene!

So I spent a good portion of my time yesterday making sure that each one worked, that they had clean filters, and then putting them through separate test runs one at a time in intervals or 15 mins, 30 mins, and 1 hour. Just checking to make sure the motors are still functional, the freon still cooling, etc.

Since June 1st falls in the middle of the week this year, it'll be good to have all this taken care of so that all I have to do is flick the power switch on that day. Ahhh, it's going to feel so good having cold, chilly air in the apartment to vanquish this oppressive humidity.

AC season at my house usually runs until October. So that means 4 whole months of being Con Ed's bitch. I could get angry if I think about it too long. But then I remember that I get to go to sleep in peace and comfort every night, even when it's 82 degrees outside with the sun down.

And then that makes me smile, yes it does.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin