Friday, July 30, 2010

Batman: Under The Red Hood


Just finished watching the Blu-ray of this, which was released earlier this week. I have to say, I was very impressed. Although I wanted to hate the storyline--because of a certain controversial decision to bring someone back from Batman's past who's been long dead--the production values of this animated film kept me glued for the entire 75 min run. The voice work was superb, and the animation's more in line with what I like to see in animated movies of a dark and mature nature. Almost like the HBO's "Spawn" series from back in the day.



And you know what? Now that I had some time to process the big reveal of just who it is that's "under the red hood," I actually think it's a pretty neat new development. Sure, we probably could have done without it . . . but now that it's here, Batman will just have to deal with it like he always does. It makes the universe he inhabits just a little more interesting now.



But I won't say anymore. What I *will* say is this: if you're a big fan of anything and everything Bats, do yourself a favor and check this out. Especially if you've liked the superbly slick and mostly spot-on direct-to-video animated movies Warner and DC have been putting out lately. This is another shining badge to add to their collection.

Check out the trailer below if you want an idea of what you're getting with this film:



Rent or buy (I recommend buy), you owe it to yourself to check this out. Trust me.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin