Friday, July 2, 2010

Well . . . I'm Outtie!


We're off to the city of gladiators and half-draped togas.

Oh wait, time check please . . .

Sorry, I meant to say: We're off to the city of scooters and of food displaying the colors of the national flag!

We're catching the red eye out of JFK tonight, and will *hopefully* land in Rome sometime tomorrow around noon (6 am back here on the East Coast). Flight duration? 8:30 hrs. *YAWN*

As soon as we land we have to immediately make a beeline for that place you see up there at the top of this post, St. Peter's Square at Vatican City. It's about a 20 minute walk from our hotel, but Rome is going to be very sunny and HOT that day according to weather forecasts. Hotter even than New York! Lord help me!

Anyway, we board our cruise ship on Monday. And then it's off to an 11-night adventure to many interesting places across the eastern Mediterranean. I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories to tell (and pics to show!!!) when we get back. I'm bringing my brand new Dell netbook with us, so hopefully this means I'll have Internet access at some point during this long excursion. If so, don't be surprised to see a few blog entries updating you on our whereabouts and such. It promises to be EXCITING!

In the meantime, behave kids. No keggers while we're gone, please.

Oh, and have a happy 4th -- God Bless America!

P.S. -- This is apparently my 100th post of the year. Hip-hip HOORAY!!! So I believe that makes this my 476th post since I began this whole shindig back in August of '08. My how time has flown. :)

1 comment:

Botanist said...

Bon voyage, David, or whatever the Latin equivalent is :-)

Have a great trip!

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin