Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Return Of Blogger Comments!

And there was much rejoicing in Heaven!

Some of you have been complaining -- both in public and in private -- about my recent switch to Disqus for the comments administration on this blog. At the time I thought it would be a vast improvement over the old Blogger default format.

But now we're back to the old system! Be glad, be very glad. And, also: see what I do for my readers?

To be honest, Disqus wasn't really providing that big of an improvement to justify my using it here. It allowed me more freedom in moderating the comments, sure. But now that Blogger has updated their own commenting UI, it turns out that this wasn't as a big a deal as others had made it out to be. And so I'm done with that.

Also, the Disqus comments form was taking way too long to load up on each of my posts. That lag was unforgivable, but I should have seen it coming being that Disqus is a third-party UI that's managed offsite.

Sucks, that.

Oh well . . . from now on all my fellow web loggers on Blogger will be able to use their existing Google IDs to keep on commenting like you've always been able to do in the past. And any newcomers or non-registered visitors will still be able to comment as well.

It's a win-win situation for everybody. Really, it is.

Hooray?

4 comments:

Botanist said...

Well, kudos to you for giving it a try, for all the right reasons at the time. And double kudos for recognising the drawbacks and knowing when to pull the plug. That's a much harder step to take.

Welcome back, my favourite blogging ID, I missed you...

Ashe Hunt said...

Thank YOU!!!!!

David Batista said...

You're welcome, both of you!

I realized it was also annoying not having your pics show up with each comment.

But now, all is right with the world . . . :)

Kim Kasch said...

Glad to have good ole blogger comments back :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin