Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Interwebs Meme Madness (Part 1)

A follower of The Bimillennial Man, KLo, had this questionnaire meme up on her blog yesterday. Apparently she got it from the Sunday Stealing blog, which in turn got it from somewhere else, which in turn . . . anyway, you get the idea.

Apparently this is a 3-part series, with each segment intended to be filled out every Sunday. But since I came to this late, I think I'll start the first leg now and then continue until the 3rd set is posted this coming Sunday. How's that sound to everyone?

As usual, my answers to some of these questions might surprise even those of you who know me very well. At the very least, it should be a fun exercise if you want to post your own answers up on your blog. If you do decide to do so, please let me know in my comments section below.

And now, on to the questions!



1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
On my left knee. I got it when I unfortunately mistimed a changing light at the bottom of a steep hill and flew down it at top speed on my mountain bike. A taxi cab intersected me and taught me a valuable lesson in basic Newtonian physics that day.


2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM
Mostly bare walls. I'm not big on hanging art.


3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
None of the above. I'm such a light sleeper that I would get no rest if I produced such unseemly noises.


4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
What have you got? No, seriously, I have as much loyalty to any one style of music as a wandering circus clown has to his women. Oh wait, that's a sad story . . .


5. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN?
7:14 am. The Hour of the Dragon in Chinese astrology.


6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
Unlimited airfare to travel anywhere in the world and as often as I want.


7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
Olden days of yore.


8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)?
Nothing at the moment. Everything I own is useless junk to keep me occupied if you really think about it.


9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
182 centimeters.


10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
Walking through a narrow Parisian alley claustrophobic? No. Buried alive in a coffin claustrophobic? Uh, HELL YEAH!


11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Only when the lights are off.


12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
My grandma.


13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR?
Suffocating.


14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO?
Usually the darker the better. But honestly, whatever works on you. I like variety!


15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING?
Already proposed. And it was on a moonlit horse and carriage ride through New York's Central Park.


16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Neither. I only need the power of the sun to get me going most mornings (fusion backup cells on cloudy days).


17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Pepperoni. No, seriously . . . you better put some more on my slice, bucko!


18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Mmmmm . . . pepperoni pizza. Now I can't think of anything else, damn you!


19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME?
Peppero--oh, oops! Sorry. Blue. I meant to say, blue. Wrote a poem about it once. Ah, my "Ode to Blue" . . .


20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
Hell no! I have a difficult time killing anything not meant to further my survival.


21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?
My Spider-Man watch on my 7th birthday. We couldn't afford much, and mom went all out on that.


22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?
I'm married. So my answer better be my wife -- which it is! (okay, honey?)


23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
No. But my wife is. *wink, wink*


24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
I'm a man. The brand that's called "just jeans and shirts," moron.


25. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY?
Emmanuelle Chriqui. Classiness personified!


26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
No. I like to travel a lot. Pets just get in the way of all that.


27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
Used to have a cat growing up. Best cat ever! (R.I.P, Tiger)


28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Yes. Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all. Or something like that.


30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED?
A number from one to a hundred. (C'mon, you had to know I would)


31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
I lean more toward the darker hues, but neither is a deal maker or breaker when it comes down to it. More important things to look for.


32. FAVORITE QUOTE?
"I am not young enough to know everything." -- Oscar Wilde

33. FAVORITE PLACE?
Paris, France. Cannot get enough of that city.



And there you have it. As usual, if anybody would like elaboration on any of the answers above, just ask me in the comments section and I'll try my best to accommodate.

Click here to read Part 2 of this meme.

5 comments:

KLo said...

So where do you get your backup fusion cells? I'd love to break my Dunkin' Donuts coffee addiction ;)

You have motivated me to do this part of the meme, so thanks : ) (and thanks for the link)

David Batista said...

Ooh, great! I was hoping you might go back and give us Part I. I loved your answers to Part II. My own follow-up will probably come this Friday.

Will head on over to read your Part I answers now . . .

And thanks for stopping by, Kay to the Ell-Oh. :)

David Batista said...

Oh, I see I forgot to answer your question, KLo:

Unfortunately, my backup cells were dredged up from the derelict remains of an alien trash barge which crashed into Van Cortlandt Lake sometime back in the Triassic era. Only 3 of the cells were salvageable, however, and I need them all!

But I hear Dunkin Donuts coffee is well worth being addicted to. Less dangerous to procure, too.

Rodney said...

Damn, so it was YOU who raided that alien ship! One of these days, I will beat you Bimillennial Man!

Actually, an interesting post! So I copied it!! I don't think my answers are nearly as entertaining as yours though...

David Batista said...

So I see, Rod. I liked your answers, though! Very, very you. :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin