Thursday, March 10, 2011

In Preparation For Next Month

Just a quick note for those of you wishing to get into Game of Thrones next month on HBO. And, yes, after this I'm done with any more news regarding the show. Well, at least for the remainder of this week!

Some of you have expressed an interest in perhaps reading the books before the April 17th air date. To which I always say: not possible. Each book is about the size of a dictionary -- way too much to wade through in just 6 weeks. Even if you were to only read the first book, of which the 1st season encompasses, you still wouldn't have enough time.

So, I offer to you enterprising would-be fans a compromise: click on this link to be taken to The Tower of the Hand. Within you will find each book broken down by chapter, with a nice summary for each. Trust me, if you read these chapter summaries, you will be more than ready for when the first episodes air. Even if you don't read all the summaries, you can read one or two just to get a taste of what's in store.

Oh, but one thing to keep in mind if you embark on this journey: DO NOT read the footnotes at the end of each chapter breakdown! For realz. They're full of all sorts of spoilery tidbits gleaned from later books in the series. So the footnotes are only there at the convenience of folks who have already read the books and, therefore, won't be spoiled. Like, D'UH!!!

Sound good? Feel free to wander around the site some, too, as there are plenty of useful goodies regarding the franchise beyond just chapter summaries. It's an excellent resource for all things related to A Song of Ice and Fire (ASoIaF).

That is all for now.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Do you have the cd version that I can listen to in my car? bahahhhaaha KIDDING!!! I'm sleepy, it's the best I could do. :)

David Batista said...

I haven't checked, but I'm positive the books are available in audio format. Although, because the cast of characters is so huge--even reading the books, you'll lose track of who's who--I would imagine this is a daunting task to undertake. Especially when driving.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin