Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An Evening At The NY Public Library

If you love SF (that's speculative fiction to you, partner) -- and if you're in the NYC area -- then have I got the event for you! On May 24th, at the main branch of the New York Public Library on 5th avenue, you'll get to hear from not one, not two . . . but FOUR highly regarded names in the SF arena these days. From left to right, they are none other than:

Lev Grossman (The Magicians), John Scalzi (Fuzzy Nation), Scott Westerfeld (Behemoth), and Cat Valente (Deathless).








Can we say: teh SEXAY???

With the exception of John Scalzi, I've had the pleasure of meeting three of the four of these amazingly talented writers in person, and will no doubt immensely enjoy seeing them again. But since Scalzi is one of my favoritest of SF writers today -- and since this will be my first time seeing His Baconess in the flesh -- I get the feeling this is going to be quite the memorable night to, er, remember. Like, for the ages. Or just for the rest of my meager existence, whichever ends first. (Happily, I might add).

I don't know how many of my blog visitors live in the Tri-State area and have the means to show up, but the event is FREE if that helps any. It begins at 6:30 pm, which is just perfect for me and my work schedule. I can hop on the 4 subway train after I'm done for the day and be there in 20 minutes, tops. Oooh, I so can't wait! :)

If you would like to register for the FREE event, or read more details about it, just click here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I have some books in desperate need of signing to go dig out . . .

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Of course I thought SF stood for San Francisco when I first started reading this! lol I thought it was going to be about an upcoming trip or something! Wow! That is exciting news indeed!!! If I was a fan of Speculative Fiction, I would be waaaaay jealous of you! Your excitement exudes through your words! Can't wait to hear all about it, after it happens.

David Batista said...

I do plan to visit San Fran one day, in fact. We almost had a chance to a few years back, but something came up at the last minute. But, yeah, one of these days. If for anything, I *have* to visit the Chinatown there. :)

In the genre world, SF is sometimes confused with sci-fi. But SF encompasses many subgenres -- not just sci-fi. Horror, slipstream, fantasy, alternate history, urban, etc. So "SF" is the catch-all term we use in the field.

Ashe Hunt said...

Already registered. Yessir it's going to be an epic of epic proportions for the ages!!!!!!

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin