Friday, May 20, 2011

New Unpublished Short Story, "Hatchling," Is Up!

Well, actually, the title is a misnomer . . . this isn't a new story, but rather an old one I've had floating around for over a year now. If you go and check the right-hand side of this page, you might notice that I've deleted the short story "Terra Germinatus" from my "Unpublished" sidebar. In its place is "Hatchling," a short sci-fi/horror/thriller set in near-future West Papua.

Personally I like this story, but I've been unable to find a paying home for it in the past year. And trust me, I've tried!

So, rather than shelve it away from the light of day, I've decided to post it up here on this blog for all the world to read and (hopefully) enjoy. Click on the link in the sidebar, or below, to get magically whisked away to storyland:

"Hatchling."

If you'd like, please also leave any comments and/or suggestions for the story in the comments section of this post. Blogger doesn't allow comments on their secondary pages.

8 comments:

Jennifer Hillier said...

I really liked this! Your descriptive passages are detailed and colorful without weighing down the story. Love the action and the pacing. Great stuff, David!

getyourselfconnected said...

Way cool! I will read it tonight after the Friday post is up. Looking forward to it man.

David Batista said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jen. And for reading it all the way through. Yay!

GYSC, your Friday night post ROCKED! Chock full of so much goodness. You're the Youtube clip master!!! :)

Yvonne said...

I'm amazed with myself! I sat here and read all of it! It was a good story and I'm not just saying that because we're bloggies either. It's really good! It took me a long time to read it since I'm not a big science fiction fan, as you know. So I had to read and re-read so I could understand it all. And I did.

David Batista said...

LOL! Thanks Yvonne. You didn't have to go above and beyond like that--ha!

getyourselfconnected said...

David,
That was some tale! Your command of the locations involved makes me think you visited the area, amazing. Loved the entire story, hard to wrap a moon trip with a shaman in New Guinea but it worked. Very interesting idea, I had a great time reading it. Thanks!

David Batista said...

You're too kind, GYSC. But I'm glad you liked it, and even impressed you found the time away from the house chores to read it. :) Thanks a lot, buddy!

getyourselfconnected said...

Hey, for my man i MAKE time.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin