Wednesday, July 20, 2011

For the record . . .




No, I'm not dead. Or without Internet service. Or sequestered away in a top secret jury somewhere in this great big city.

I'm just taking a protracted break from the interwebs for a while, that's all. I can't rightfully say how long it will last. It could end tomorrow, or last until Fall. I don't know.

I am very busy, though. With mostly good things, but busy nonetheless. And I may drop a post or two at random. But for now I'm taking a break. I ask that you please don't forget me in this time away from the blogosphere, and know that I *will* be back eventually.

In the meantime -- have FUN, people! And, if I'm not back before then: Have a great rest of the summer/winter (depending on which half of this Earth you're currently rotating on).

Peace, out.

11 comments:

Watchtower said...

I didn't even know you fished ; )

Yvonne said...

I guess I'll cancel the APB now. Aww, well, enjoy your break! And you can't be forgotten, silly rabbit! ha!

Rodney said...

This is how I know that David is a great writer. All the greats (Salinger, Harris, Hemingway) were reclusive...

Jennifer Hillier said...

Have a lovely break, doing whatever lovely things you'll be doing this summer!

We'll all still be here when you get back. Can't get rid of us that easily.

Kim Kasch said...

Happy summer! I hope the busy good stuff will be blog fodder in the near future :)

getyourselfconnected said...

Summertime is fun time so have some fun! Can you go fishing in NYC? :)

David Batista said...

GYSC -- You can, except the fish here are HUGE and/or possibly radioactive. Here, they fish YOU!

And thanks everybody, for understanding. You're the best! :)

Botanist said...

Hey, have a wonderful break David. It's so refreshing to unplug for a while, enjoy it!

The Frisky Virgin said...

:( I hope you will be back soon. have a wonderful break!!! *Hugs*

Jennifer Hillier said...

I know you're not blogging, but wanted to thank you for stepping out of exile and commenting on mine! Plus, you were partly the inspiration for my vlog... you made it look easy! (and it's so not)

Hope you're having a good summer, and thanks for the kind words about CREEP! :)

David Batista said...

Hey, anytime Jen! :)

I wasn't just being friendly -- the book is seriously awesome! You know what's funny? I was all ready to call you out on giving the twist away. See, I thought because of your somewhat recent research into a woman's prison that you had inadvertently given away the ending to CREEP. I thought I figured it out -- Sheila was going to kill Ethan and then end up having to go to jail for it.

But, nope! You completely pulled the wool over my eyes. LOL! I felt foolish, but at the same time pleasantly surprised. That knife through the throat came out of NOWHERE. I honestly said out loud: "no fucking WAY!!!"

Again, thanks for such an awesome book. Count me as your new dedicated fan. (Not that I wasn't anyway, mind you.)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin