Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Return Of Kevin Butler

The "fictional" VP of Sony PlayStation, Kevin Butler, has returned to where he belongs in a string of upcoming new and hilarious television ads for the PlayStation 3. If you follow me on Facebook, you're already aware of how much I love this guy and his commercials. If you need a refresher course, check out some of his more infamous tv spots herehere, here and here.

Anyway, Kevin's been out of the loop for some time. Apparently he's been moonlighting as president of the carpet company "Economy Flooring" while Sony marketing got its collective act together. But, as is only natural, you cannot keep a good guy down for long. Kevin's back, and he's here to put in no uncertain terms to you casual gaming pansies out there why PlayStation 3 means business this Fall.

Check out the launch of the new "Long Live Play" ad campaign below, and tell me you don't just love this guy's enthusiasm:





Oh GAWD, so many awesome lines in this one. Like:

"It's tougher than a no-scope headshot from a moving troop transport." (haha @ the customer's reaction to that one!)

"I'm not coming back to the gaming industry to sell some watered down, get-grandma-off-the-couch weaksauce."

"Long live the kind of play that turns 'five more minutes' into five more hours."

"I believe in that as much as I believe in my no-look flaming crossbow shot."

LOL!

I so can't wait until the new ads start rolling out, especially with such awesome PlayStation exclusives as Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, and Uncharted 3 being released in the near future. And while I don't think anything can top PlayStation's old slogan "It Only Does Everything," I kinda like the new "Long Live Play" one for bringing back the focus to actual hard-core gameplay that seems to have been missing lately.

Long Live KEVIN BUTLER!!!

3 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

5 minutes into 5 hours ... that is so true in the gaming/blogging world ;)

getyourselfconnected said...

I never played this stuff but I like how you describe it. How have you been? I think that new Star Wars game comes out soon, you going to play? Be wel and we gotta talk about NYC, just a month away.

David Batista said...

Unfortunately, my gaming time is rather limited, GYSC. So I can only play but so many games in a given year. This year I'll have Gears of War 3, Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3, and perhaps Dead Island already on the slate. Most of these will spill over to next year, too!

So, no Star Wars for me. Ah, if only I had the abundance of free time I did as a teen. :)

Oh, and I'm totally willing to talk about NY. Anytime!

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin