Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Favorite Month



Buh-Bye, Summer.

Yes, summer is finally winding down to a close and we've come to my favorite month of the year -- September! It's my best month not just because it marks the end of my most hated season, but because both Lisa and I have our birthdays in September. How cool is that?


Grillin' and Chillin'.

With Labor Day upon us, I've decided to bust out the brand new Foreman grill and fire up some burgers and dogs. I've got the patties marinating in the fridge now, and will be preparing the corn on the cob in just a few minutes. You may recall that I busted my old grill to pieces last Memorial Day weekend, much to my grief. But I went out and got a similar version and now all is well. I usually only ever eat this type of food on patriotic holidays--especially the ones that give us 3-day weekends to enjoy. Call it a bygone effect of my childhood. Plus, Lisa absolutely LOVES corn! Must be why she laughs at all my jokes. [crickets chirping]


And On The 14th Day, He Rested.

It was 2 weeks ago that I mentioned I was going to be getting down and dirty with this infected PC of mine. Well, I wasn't joking. It's taken me this long to finally get everything squared away and my machine running at top speed once again. Phew! It seems I was infected by a great many things, the biggest of which was a nasty rootkit takeover. That one took a lot out of me to repair, but eventually I got rid of the nasty bugger! And I learned that I really need to stay more on top of my various protective spells programs that have kept this PC running smoothly for the past 8 years. If I weren't so busy of late this might never have happened, and I intend for it to never happen again. But, yes, all is well now. Hopefully this means I won't be so scarce around the blogosphere anymore. Having Windows running under multiple scans and cleanup protocols for hours on end each day can make one not want to hang around a PC much, let me just say. But now I'm up and running again. Hurrah!


Fun, Fun, Fun 'Till Daddy Takes My Word Doc Away!

And speaking of up and running again, you may notice a certain word counter at the top of the page is showing larger digits than the number ZERO again. Yes, yes . . . I have started working on the Castlevania novel once more. As I mentioned in another post earlier last month, I've decided to start all over and rewrite what's already been written down on the project. Which, last time I checked, was around 12 chapters and some 50,000 words. The good news is that I now know what to expect, and have a much clearer idea of what I want to do with these same chapters. I'm going to be streamlining the plot a little, completely re-doing a certain character's voice (which was getting pretty annoying to me in the first run), and trying not to overwrite my sentences, which I have a tendency to do a lot. After just one day's work, I've already written some 2,300 words and finished an entire chapter. Full steam ahead!


So, I hope you all are having a great weekend. If you live in the U.S. of A., have a wonderful Labor Day. Eat lots of burgers and corn and dogs, or combine the last two and have a corndog on me! :)

7 comments:

Alittlesprite said...

Burgers sound good.
September is my favourite month because it is the beginning of Spring here. My favourite season.
Happy Labor Weekend.

Botanist said...

Glad to see you back, David. Just checking in after an evening by the BBQ out on the deck. It was warm enough today to make it worthwhile - possibly summer's last gasp?

Good to hear your WIP is seeing some progress too. Keep at it!

Yvonne said...

All the mention of the yummy food has made me hungry! THANKS. That's pretty cool that you and your wife share a birthday month. My fave is October because it's not only my mom's bday but mine as well. I was her bd present a long time ago. heh. As for your pc problems, it all sounds so daunting! Glad you were able to fix the problems.

Have fun tomorrow!

getyourselfconnected said...

Enjoy the cookout! Only thing good about the fall is NFL season. Return of the cooler weather (leading to the cold) always gets me sad.

Jennifer Hillier said...

I've never had a corndog. Are they good?

I love September too, but this summer felt extremely short. The weather is holding steady here, though, so not complaining.

Oh, and Happy Birthday again! Hope you're having a great day.

Kim Kasch said...

Hope you have a funderful day!

David Batista said...

Hey, thanks for the Labor Day and Happy Birthday comments everybody! I'm having a really busy week, so sorry for the inconsistent presence on blogger.

You all rock! :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin