Monday, October 31, 2011

He Giveth, And He Taketh Away . . .

So, only 2 days after putting up this post about the surprise snow storm we got here in NYC . . . it's almost all gone! Well, yes, I did predict it wouldn't stick around for long (no pun intended), but it still sucks. Here is a panoramic I took outside my bedroom window earlier this afternoon:




Aside from the very small patches of white you can still see, you would never know our area got nearly 6 inches of the white stuff over the weekend. I mean, look at all that green! Luckily for me the temps have not risen too much. We'll be in the low 50s for most of the week. And of course, it IS the start of November tomorrow. Things will only continue to get colder and snowier from here on out. Hip-hip HOORAY!

Oh, and yeah . . . Happy Halloween, all! It's not really a holiday I give a rat's ass about, but all my other adult friends seem to have lost their minds today so -- have fun! :)

Now, bring on Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

The Frisky Virgin said...

Soooo strange to have a storm of that magnitude hit this early in the season! Wow! BUT--it's all melted! Yay! Snow is pretty, though, especially for Christmas!

Happy Halloween! Happy Almost Thanksgiving! And Happy Soon-to-be Holidays! I love this time of year!

Alittlesprite said...

ohh... :( no more snow.. *sad face*

Jennifer Hillier said...

Did you will the snow to melt? ;)

It's like it never happened...

Yvonne said...

David you have special powers! I think Jen is on to something. You did it with your special mind forces right??? lol

David Batista said...

I must stop thinking/wishing things then if that's true -- LOL! I certainly did not want the snow to melt away so quickly. But because I knew the temps would be rising this week, it was just a matter of time . . . *sniff, sniff*

Kim Kasch said...

Hope you had a Happy Halloween! I love the holiday - but then I love them all - well, maybe not Groundhog's Day

Josh said...

Ummm, am I the only one jealous of that view? Guess I have some issues I need to work out.

By the way, not that a complete random stranger's from the blogosphere opinion matters, but Game of Thrones needs to be tarred, feathered, and torched.

I watched the first 6 episodes ... I'll never get those hours back in my life.

Epic fail.

David Batista said...

Josh, thanks for stopping by! I have to say I've grown rather jaded by the view after living in our current place for 11 years. But living 10 floors up does have its advantages -- especially if you love heights like I do! :)

And, wow. I absolutely *loved* the GoT show! I respect your opinion, though. It's not for everyone.

I mean, sure, it has its negatives (lack of big battles being one), and doesn't quite capture the huge scope and majesty of the books, but I like it more than anything else on HBO at the moment.

Have you seen the last 4 episodes?

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin