Sunday, June 10, 2012

True Blood Sundays!



Yes, it's back! There, there . . . no need to cry your tears (of blood!)

This has truly become my favorite time of the year for television. 1) Game of Thrones beginning in April; 2) Regular bullshit tv season coming to an end in May; and 3) True Blood begins in June! HBO is really killing it with their two best series airing back to back like this. And I, for one, am so glad!

Season 5 begins tonight, with the premiere of the first new episode, "Turn! Turn! Turn!" kicking things off. The previews have been looking good for this season, and hopefully it will be a lot better than the previous two. I think it will.

And how am I preparing for the big night? Well, look what just came in the mail last week:






Yes, I'm going to be getting my premiere night on right! I love the specially formulated True Blood beverage from the HBO.com store. You can also buy it in person here in NYC at the cool HBO brick and mortar store located on 6th Avenue (just off 42nd Street). I purchase around two to three 4-packs each year around this time. And this year, I even picked up the True Blood brand glasses like the one in the pic I took above. And even though that's my microwave in the back, I in fact prefer my synthetic blood drink chilled to perfection . . . and not nuked to 98.7 degrees body temp!

In other words, I'll be drinking True Blood out of a True Blood glass while watching True Blood. Makes sense, eh? Or am I just kooky?

Whatever the case may be, enjoy your Sunday night, folks!

10 comments:

Alittlesprite said...

I am a little consoled at the finish of GOT with True Blood starting :)

David Batista said...

Same with me. Usually we have to wait two weeks or so in-between. But this year they decided to start True Blood a little earlier than usual since HBO's other original series, Treme, was pushed back to September. Usually they wait for Treme to finish in June before True Blood begins.

Fine by me! Would have felt weird sitting around on Sunday night with nothing to watch on HBO.

Botanist said...

Gosh! I feel like a total outsider, not following Game of Thrones, and not knowing the first thing about True Blood - not even what that intriguing beverage is made of.

To be honest, the last thing I need right now is another compulsive distraction in life so it's probably just as well :)

Sounds like you are happy, though, so all is well.

David Batista said...

The drink is a very tasty orange soda, made from blood oranges instead of regular oranges. But of course! It's an exact replica bottle and packaging as that used on the show--a synthetic blood drink made by Japanese scientists so that vampires no longer have to prey on humans and can "come out" into polite society. The orange soda drink is a full-bodied concoction, and is great when used in mixed drinks. Especially good mixed with vodka!

Oh, and I don't have kids or a house to maintain ... so my weekends allow for some nice tv time on top of all the other things I need to get done. :)

Kim Kasch said...

Love the beverage :) but the show seemed a little flat for me tonight. I don't know why... Just did. Hopefully better next week. It's probably just me, missing GOT

David Batista said...

I admit, it is a pretty tricky transition going from swords and medieval intrigue to vampires and werewolves and shifters (oh my!), but I actually enjoyed tonight's premiere. I think mostly to see what happened to Tara. I found the aspect of her possible "turning" to be quite fascinating. The Bill and Eric road show might be a bit of a stretch for me, though. I know we're supposed to enjoy their chemistry and comedic timing together or something . . . but I like it better when they're enemies.

I do have this to say: Game of Thrones fans would have a collective aneurysm if the show strayed as far from the books as True Blood has. My wife's read the books, and she tells me how the show barely resembles them now. Wow! And Thrones fans complain when they make even slight departures from the novel on the show. We're spoiled! I have to admit, compared to True Blood, Thrones is extremely faithful to the source material.

Jennifer Hillier said...

You're a Trubie?! Did I not know that? I'm always so happy when True Blood comes back, it means summer has arrived.

I enjoyed last night's episode, and am eagerly waiting for a certain ex-cop from Law & Order SVU to make his appearance.

David Batista said...

Yes, Jen, I am! You know great minds think alike! :)

And, LOL, I know summer is here when True Blood starts up, too. And, yes, I'm atually looking forward to Meloni showing up. I have no idea who his character is in the grand scheme of things, but it seems like a really cool role for him judging by the previews.

Alittlesprite said...

Hubby "acquires" it for me and I watch it when the boys go to karate on Monday night..I have the house to myself :) It's a ritual for me.

Alittlesprite said...

I agree with your wife David.. nothing like the books, even major characters are different, or not there at all.
At least it kind of leaves us readers guessing.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin