Wednesday, April 17, 2013

No Mas (Game of Thrones Related)

Well, I have decided I had enough of writing reviews of Game of Thrones. Yes, sorry folks (all 4 of you who care), but I just don't have the wherewithal at this point in my life to slave away writing such long, detailed looks into an hour-long television show. It's getting old really fast.

But in fact the real reason is two-fold:

One, as mentioned already, my life is topsy-turvy at the moment. I'm in the process of moving to a new place, and in a few weeks I won't even have cable tv anymore. It might take a week or two to get it back at the new place, and combined with everything else I will need to get done during this time (like, hey, actually moving and getting settled in), I can honestly say that I won't have the energy or time to punch out a super cool, super informative review of this super great HBO show I love so much. Such is life. Don't cry for me, Argentina ... and all that jazz.

The second reason is more disappointing, really, than an actual cause for no more reviews. Simply put, not enough people give a damn this year for some reason. In previous years, my Thrones reviews garnered thousands of unique views on this here blog. That's thousands. Plural! By the third episode of Season 2, my review of the first episode just two weeks prior already had 900 plus unique views. And how about this year? Well, now that the third episode has already aired, my review of the first episode two weeks back has tallied all of . . . 51 views. That's it. My review of the second episode has accumulated only 30. So, combined with my personal life being in a disarray, this added news does not keep me motivated to continue this endeavor.

Sorry, all. I just can't bring myself to do it anymore. I will still watch the show, naturally. But that thing where I spend hours and days writing the words, rewatching the episode over and over, and acquiring screen grabs and what have you? Yeah, no more.


Jaime's distraught over no more reviews on the Bimillennial Man.
Or because someone just cut off his hand. One of the two. 


I would suggest that if anyone has any questions about the episodes as they air, to drop them in the comments section here and I will definitely answer them. But who are we kidding? Let's be honest, no one will. And that's okay.

I'm just saying, though, if anyone wants to . . .

And, one last thing. No, I will not be accepting any guest reviews at this time. That's cool for like one or two episodes, but not for the rest of the whole bloody season. Thanks, though.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

I got nothin. I just wanted to comment. :) hahaha

David Batista said...

Haha! Fine. Thanks for the commitment, Yvonne! :)

Rodney said...

Oh no you don't!!! You don't get to just leave me hanging after your multi-year campaign to get me into this world!!

I don't know if you've seen this week's ep of Thrones (my shorthand for the title), so I'm not going to get into details, but this conversation is going to keep on trucking!!

I would suggest going back to a format similar to what you were doing when you started, which is just your reactions to the show. No recaps, few screen grabs if any, just your reaction to what happens on screen.

But if your mind is set on stopping then so be it. I'll just pester you on FB, Twitter, Tumblr, and any other social media about Thrones... Forget winter..

RODNEY IS COMING!!!

David Batista said...

Yeah, no. I don't have the time even for that. Trust me, I've thought of it. And, yes, I did see the episode. The ending was very good, although not as awesome when you already knew it was coming. Times like these I wished I'd never read the books. The music in that scene was AMAZING, though!

Alittlesprite said...

*sad face*

Rodney said...

Okay, dude, WTF was with this episode?? For once, I actually felt for Jamie, but then he goes for the surgery with no anesthetic???

And what's with the "Lord of the Light" religion suddenly being all over the place? Up till now it seemed that religion was completely foreign inside of Westeros? It was EXCEEDINGLY creepy seeing that dead dude come back (and this was the SIXTH time??)

The marriage between Tyrion and Sansa was an interesting idea... I don't think it would be suitable... But putting her emotional strength with his scheming mind, they'd be UNSTOPPABLE!

And when is Arya going to start killing people?? I want to see her use some of her dancing training!!

David Batista said...

Rodney -- I'll try to put up an episode specific open commentary in a little while. Repost this there then. Or write up a new comment. We can discuss everything there.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin