Monday, May 20, 2013

Alive and Well, I Am I Am.

Hey everybody! It's me, David Batista. I'm alive! And, more importantly, moved in to my new apartment.

So, you see, it turns out I survived the move. There were half a dozen ways it could have all gone to hell, but miraculously the entire thing from start to (somewhat) finish went as smooth as butter! I'm actually a little astounded myself by how well the process went. My friends attribute it to my super anal planning and organizational skills . . . but I of course assign the credit to where it really belongs, to my friends themselves. They really came through for me and helped me out big time with the logistics of moving so much of my stuff. Six hands are definitely better than two in times like these, and I couldn't have done any of it without them. Thanks, guys!

I will keep this short as I'm still in the process of setting up and/or buying new utensils/furniture/odd knick-knacks for the place. But as you can see I did get my cable connection and setup my home network already. In other words ... There Will Be Internet. Hey, you know--priorities! I haven't completely moved in yet, however. I still need to move some other items from the old place, including all my clothes. Then I can finally spend a night in the new apartment. However, I do have my furniture delivered and positioned where I want it to be. And I even brought linens and stuff! How very domestic of me, eh?

To give you a taste of just how much work has gone into the setup of the new apartment, here is a before-and-after look at the main living space:



My first time seeing the place after its complete renovation.



Picked out the furniture and arranged it all myself.
The difference is like night and day, no?


My friend, an electrician by trade, installed the ceiling fan. While I hooked up the window blinds on all three windows in the room. What do you think? Not bad, huh? The fan is a wonder, making the place so airy and well-lit. I love it! I honestly can't believe how big this studio is, and how perfectly it fits my needs. I lucked out big time, I think. Don't you?

8 comments:

Botanist said...

Good to hear it all went well. Looks fantastic, too.

Cable...internet...priorities indeed :D

Cin said...

Your apartment looks great! Congrats on the move. I am glad that I was able to stop by and help you unpack some boxes.

Yvonne said...

Love, love, love it! It's looks great! Good job, you! :)

Kim Kasch said...

Wonderful...it looks good and I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. I've been thinking about you :D Keep your chin up.

Alittlesprite said...

It looks really good! And I see some lovely white wall spaces for some nice works of art :)

Glad things went so smoothly for you, wish they were the same for me :(

David Batista said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments! Sorry I've been so late in replying, but things have been very busy as you can imagine. You're all still in my thoughts, though. And hopefully I can get back to blogging regularly soon. *crosses fingers*

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

Where's the kitchen?

David Batista said...

SL, I only posted a pic of the living room. I haven't shown the rest of the apartment yet. The kitchen is rather small and boring, anyway.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin