Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Well, Glad That's Over With

I'm so happy May has come and gone! Or, more specifically, that June is here.

I don't quite know why, but for some reason this year I was highly annoyed at the month of May. I have no specific reason to be. Aside from barely blogging, I had a pretty decent 31 days of it. Work was okay. Personal life was okay. Even got to go to the movies once or twice, a rare return to form from back in the day when I used to go every weekend. No, all things considered, my life has been quite normal this past month.

So what gives?

I still can't figure it out. The only thing that might be the culprit as I see it, is that May 15th marked the anniversary of when I officially moved into my current apartment. Therefore, it marks the beginning of a new and (sometimes) scary chapter in my life. I remember back then wishing that I would make it to the 1-year mark and be able to look back and be proud of all I've done in that time. Mainly, to stay happy and not fall into despair. And lo and behold, I accomplished all that -- and more! I had a very good year, and am way healthier, mentally and emotionally, than I was back in May 2013.

So, then, why should I be annoyed with the month? I guess because I hate milestones, and just couldn't wait to get this particular one out of the way so that I can continue to live my life. Done. May is over and June is here to stay. For now.

But yeah, May outstayed its welcome for me. June is no peach, either, because as most of you know I hate the warmer months and, as the anti-Ned Stark would probably say: "Summer Is Coming." But as I mentioned in an earlier blog entry, I'm actually looking forward to the warmer weather this time around. Winter was exceptionally brutal here in the Northeast this year, and even I have to admit the changeover from that is feeling quite good. By the gods, I almost feel like wearing SHORTS!!!

You know I've gone off the deep end if I'm advocating wearing shorts now. Will the real David Batista please stand up?

As for other things going on in my neck of the woods . . .

I know I've been lax updating this here blog. I never seem to have the time anymore. That sucks. Or maybe I just need a new computer. Aside from writing my short stories--for which it serves just fine--using an 11-inch Dell netbook for anything else is seriously demoralizing. I come home after work and simply have no desire at all to hop on that tiny machine for anything fun anymore. Considering, too, that my iPad can pretty much cover any and all of my recreational computing just dandy (except for blogging, which is too cumbersome on it) and at a much faster pace, and it's no wonder I never even think to blog anymore.

I want to change that.

In addition to writing more regular content here on The Bimillennial Man, I'm toying with the idea of starting a series of fictional entries of the SF'nal nature on these pages as well. I don't want to go into details, but it would be an ongoing prose project written in a sort of epistle or journal format detailing the observations of a certain ... something ... on the daily lives and tribulations of humans on this planet.

Could be fun. I have to think some more on whether I have the time and energy to pull this off, though. Keep an eye on this space to see if I do!

5 comments:

Botanist said...

Well, I won't annoy you by saying that I've been in shorts for weeks now...oops! Too late :)

I hope June makes up for May, and for the dismal winter you suffered that side of the country.

Kim Kasch said...

I say go for it! Blogging is supposed to be fun and if you're into SF'nal stuff then,like the NIkesters say, "Just do it!"

Yeah, I'm a dork. Oh well.

And did you see that last episode of GOT! YIKES! I am so angry at that Oberon (?-spelling) . . . !!! Yep, that's me yelling

David Batista said...

Ian -- I can totally see you wearing shorts. Not annoying at all, haha!

Kim -- Yes, that was quite disheartening. The Red Viper was an exciting addition to the cast ... only to be taken away so abruptly. And so gruesomely! But, I feel the impact was lessened by the fact that I already had to deal with this loss many, many years ago while reading the books. Wait until you see the reaction of his family members back in Dorne. Unfortunately, that won't come until next season.

Yvonne said...

It's not sweltering here, yet. But it's just a matter of time. I knew you would make it and come out better than ever, friend! You are stronger than you know. The blog series sounds exciting and interesting, do it!!! :)

Cin said...

You should start the series. :) Can't wait to read it. May's been kinda blah on my end too. I hate being stood up by contractors but that was basically my May. Hopefully June will be better. See you tomorrow. :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin