Monday, August 13, 2012

Hello, Hello!



Just a quick note to let you know that, yes, I'm very much alive--and that reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Heh, heh.

Sorry, couldn't resist paraphrasing Mark Twain there.

We flew out to Las Vegas over the weekend to attend my little brother's wedding. It was originally planned for Houston, which I was actually looking forward to visiting for the first time. But then it got changed at the last minute to that little gem of debauchery in the middle of the Nevada desert. Vegas is a great town, despite the way people seem to always put it down. But at the same time, it's a little alarming how easily folks discard their morals and personal regard while in Sin City. It's true that pretty much anything goes there, and that whatever it is must truly stay there. Because, honestly, no one would ever believe you back home if you told them the things you did or saw there.

I've been away from the blog world for quite some time. Can't really say why. I think the whole blogging idea is wearing itself thin. At least for me. Plus, I have a lot on my plate these days. Nothing worth talking about here, though.

Anyway, this was meant to be quick and I meant it. So, it's good to be back home and I'm looking forward to this hated season coming to a close and my favorite (Fall) starting up again.

On one last note, I would like to say I've been greatly enjoying the Summer Olympics coverage these past couple of weeks. As always, USA represented itself extremely well on this world stage. You know, for how much other countries rib us for being so fat, we sure do win an awful lot of medals at major international sporting events, no? And against much bigger countries with far rigorous training programs to pump out machine-like athletes. Hmmmm . . . gee, I wonder to whom I could possibly be referring. Do you know?

5 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

OMG I think the Olympics are like crack...I can't look away. Thank God they're over. I haven't gotten anything done in weeks...seriously. If I walk by a t.v. and see these super human autobots performing...I'm hooked like a moth to a light. There's no logic to it.

But it's nice to "see" you back on the blogospher :D

David Batista said...

That's how I was, Kim. I couldn't get anything done these past two weeks! The Olympics are great . . . but they sure do kill any incentive to do or watch anything else while they're going on, eh? :)

Botanist said...

I wondered why it was so quiet around here, David. Welcome back. In years gone by, I've lapped up Olympic coverage, but the entire period this time coincided with two weeks' camping and no TV.

David Batista said...

Oh that's right, I'll have to look through your account of the trip then. Glad you had fun!

Yvonne said...

That's too bad your brother changed his wedding venue. Had he not, and you came to Houston, we could have met! But it's freaking HOT here, like scorching hot. I don't think a little New Yorker as yourself could have taken it. -Hehehe :)

I'm really glad you finally straightened everything out with the flight debacle and were able to make the wedding. That was just horrible what they did to you guys. Oh well, everything worked out, so that's a good thing.

I totally, totally became a couch potato during the Olympics. I just could not look away! So addicting. I'm glad they're over too, now I can get some stuff done!

I can't wait for fall and for sweater weather. This humidity and heat is for the birds. Or not. ha!

Be good. :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin