Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Do You Remember . . .?

A typical September day in New York's Central Park.


. . . SEPTEMBER!!!

Yup, it's that time of year again. My favorite of them all, in fact . . . the month to beat all months. Yes, friends, my favorite time is finally here! I love September, and now I'm very happy. Happy not just because I was born in this month, but because it marks the end of that most hated season of all -- Summer!

Now, yes, we still have 3 more weeks of official Summer to go, but psychologically flipping the calendar from August is all it takes to get me in the Fall mood. For me, summer is over NOW! And thus commences one of my favorite times of the year, that stretch between Labor Day and Christmas Day. It doesn't get any better.

So where other people are starting to slow down, dress warmer, and prepare to hunker down for a long Winter ahead, my body is just waking up and starting to get the juices flowing. I'm more productive during this time of year, especially mentally. The months of July and August are just one endless foggy gap in my memory that I try to put behind me. Nothing of worth has ever happened to me in those months. Except get married, of course. And on second thought, we all know what a bad association that is for me now, so you can scratch that off the list.

So, yeah, nothing good at all happens to me in the Summer. Blech!

Although my friend Yvonne has beaten me to the punch and already put this up on Facebook -- I don't care! I have to share this video here on the blog. It's a tradition, dammit! Come celebrate with me this favorite month of mine by clicking on the video below. This song perfectly encapsulates how happy I'm feeling right now. In fact, it's seriously making me want to get up and dance:





Yes, you know you can't resist the beat, either. You just KNOW your feet are getting happy and want to move to the rhythm. So go ahead and DANCE!!! It's a joyous occasion.

Hey, hey, hey-eh ...
Ba de ya, say do you remember?
Ba de ya, dancing in September!
Ba de ya, never was a cloudy daaaaaaaaaaay . . .

6 comments:

Botanist said...

Well, it's not just a psychological threshold over here, it's like someone flipped a switch last week and suddenly we're into Autumn. Soups, stews, and wood fires are gathering on the horizon.

Kim Kasch said...

I love September too. It's the month of a lot of birthdays for my fam ;D and one for you too...

David Batista said...

Ian -- I sincerely wish I was living where you live right now. That sounds just about PERFECT! :)

Kim -- In fact, I think your son and daughter are born on the same day as I. The 7th, right? Or close abouts?

Yvonne said...

I am happy it's September too! Although, the month that follows is my personal favorite. heh.

Your birthday is coming up, friend! I hope you have a great one!!! Also, we have great music taste ;)

EconomicDisconnect said...

David, YOU GOTTA check out this post I did about Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones!!!:
http://economicdisconnect.blogspot.com/2014/09/game-of-thrones-star-peter-dinklage-in.html

David Batista said...

Yvonne -- Hooray! Someone who likes this month, too! And I know you love October for the same reason I love September -- BIRTHDAYS!!!

ED -- Ok, I checked it out. Btw, your blog is still in my feed so I already knew you had posted an update. Thanks for the reminder, nonetheless! ;)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin