Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ahh! I Think My Head Just A-sploded!!!!


I can't believe it! They've gone and done it! They're actually bringing THUNDERCATS back! It's coming to the Cartoon Network in 2011. Looks to be edgier and darker. I'm actually digging the artwork and the people who are behind this.

"The 21st century reimagining of the series marks a creative collaboration between WBA and Studio4°C, one of the most vibrant animation studios in Japan, with credits including “The Animatrix,” “Gotham Knights” and “Halo Legends.” WBA is working closely with Studio4°C, utilizing the latter’s expertise to give the “ThunderCats” characters a new cutting-edge look while remaining true to the compelling storylines and mythology of the original series."

You can read more by clicking on this link. Now excuse me . . . I'm going to go dig out my Sword of Omens. Thundercats HOOOOOO!

2 comments:

Rodney said...

I'm going to have to wait and see on this. I was excited about the new He-Man on the Cartoon Network and they messed it up.

We'll see.

David Batista said...

Yeah, the new He-Man sucked. But I'm an eternal optimist . . . so I always assume a new show is going to be awesome until proven otherwise.

The new TMNT, for instance, took me a while to get into when it first aired so many years ago in the early 00s. But after half a dozen episodes I really dug the style and artwork, and the fact that it stayed closer to the comics than the original cartoon had. Of course, the new one quickly fell apart in the later seasons . . . but action-, story-, and animation-wise, it was a better cartoon than the original.

And, trust me, no one loved the original more than me!

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin