Monday, December 19, 2011

A Brief History Lesson, Game Of Thrones Style!

So how was your weekend? Mine was fine, filled with a lot of writing done on the ongoing practice novel . . . but also much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the performance of my NYC-area NFL teams. Grrrrr! Way to eff up my Sunday, Giants and Jets! But at least I got to see the Pats embarrass the Broncos. Was looking forward to that the most, actually. And Tom Brady delivered!

Anywho . . .

Got a nice surprise over at Winter Is Coming.net this morning. Seems they received a specially made press-kit from HBO bearing the sigil of House Stark, and packed with all sorts of goodies for the upcoming home video release of the 1st season of Game of Thrones.  You can click on the link to see what was in the kit, but I'm going to embed a special video below which was taken from the Blu-ray box set. The clip is part of one of the many special features, this one consisting of 24 videos pertaining to various aspects of Westerosi life, culture, and history -- and each containing sketch-art animation with narration provided by various members of the show's cast. This particular one details the religious institutions of Westeros, and is narrated by both Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark) and Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran Stark). This brief history of the dual religions which came to dominate Westeros is information that was spread out in bits and pieces throughout the books, but which is very handy for newcomers to get all in one place like this. Watch for yourselves and enjoy:





I'm impressed. And also, highly excited to get my hands on my own Blu-ray set this March! I'm going to watch all 24 vids as if they're a History Channel doc. It's going to be AWESOME, I just know it!

5 comments:

Botanist said...

Glad to hear you're making inroads into your novel, and although I know nothing about the Game of Thrones I like this bit of world-building.

David Batista said...

Yeah, there is a lot of nifty stuff to the world building in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Which is why the special features on these Blu-ray discs are going to be so amazing!

Jennifer Hillier said...

So cute how excited you get! You're going to have great time watching all those videos!

Re: football, I'm starting to let myself get a little excited about the Seahawks, even though it's a long shot. Will undoubtedly get my heart broken, though, but what can you do. Will be happy when basketball starts.

David Batista said...

Me, too! Can't wait for Christmas day and the official start of the NBA season. Some epic games are in the making that day -- Knicks vs. Celtics, Heat vs. Mavs, and Bulls vs. Lakers are the top 3 games I'll be watching. WOOOO!!! :)

Alittlesprite said...

I will have to buy this when it's out..

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin