Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lookie What I Got In The Mail!

Well delivered by UPS, actually.


Yup, my God of War III Ultimate Edition box showed up! Why did I get the Ultimate Edition, knowing how much I hate gaudy, ostentatious game-related collector's sets and memorabilia? Well, because this one came with the code to download the exclusive soundtrack! I could do without the art books and figurines and other such crap that release with these special editions of overly hyped games. But the music, no. I *must* have the music. Especially when it comes to this series. The music in GoW is something just short of divine. I already own the sountracks to the first two games, so this will now round out my collection.

And speaking of gaudy, let's take a peek at what's inside that purdy looking package . . .



Why look, it's Pandora's box! I have to admit that, even though the box smelled like the case I once used to store my Baritone Horn in when I was in the junior high school band, it's actually pretty sturdy and possessing of a comfortable weight. The type of heft that makes something feel *real* and solid. But, yeah, still rather garish to look at. It fits with the theme and story of the GoW series, though, so I guess I shouldn't knock it too hard.

The question is: should I or should I not open up Pandora's box? After all, we all know what happened the first time someone did so. Oh well, let's throw caution to the wind . . .



Ah, there we go! Kratos, your last adventure is now upon us! As you can see, it's just the game's PS3 Blu-ray case and attendant art book. Much ado about nothing, really. I also got a bunch of codes to download everything from skins to the aforementioned musical tracks. I'm looking particularly forward to the behind-the-scenes videos, too. Always a treat, that.

So there you have it. The series I consider one of the most influential on me in recent years has finally been capped. Ironically, whereas I would usually tear right into this, I of course will be out of the country for the next week or so. And even when I return I still have the matter of prepping my novel for an eventual start date sometime in late April. So, the gods only know when I'll get around to this. Still, this is me we're talking about here. I'm sure I won't be able to resist for long.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin