Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's Been A Long Time . . .

Since I did one of these, that is. For those of you not prepared, get ready to set your eyes on my hideous visage and atrocious-sounding voice as I subject you once again to the horror known as . . . my VLOG!!!!

It runs at nearly 15 minutes long, though, so don't say I didn't warn you:





Are you still alive? Are your eyes not blinded, and are you able to continue reading? Phew, good! I was worried there for a second. For some reason the finished video turned out even darker than it looked to me while I was recording it. So I apologize for that Two-Face effect I had going on where half my face was in the light, while the other half in shadow. Spooky!

Oh, and if you're having trouble viewing the above embedded video, or if it's not running smoothly, click on this link to view it directly on Vimeo.

And, as promised, below are the links to the books I recommended in the Vlog. Check them out and see if you might not be interested in one or more of these. Of course, for the ones that are sequels, maybe you'll be interested enough to read the first books in the series? I hope so!

God's War, by Kameron Hurley.

The Broken Kingdoms, by N. K. Jemisin.

The Wise Man's Fear, by Patrick Rothfuss.

We'll see what I decided to discuss next time I do one of these. Unless, of course, you beg me in the comments not to. But it's going to have to be a LOT of you to convince me otherwise. Good luck with that!

5 comments:

getyourselfconnected said...

Good stuff. May I point you towards "Time and Again" ot "Tau Zero".

David Batista said...

Hey, sure. Thanks for the recommend. But I can't promise I'll get around to checking either of those out anytime soon. You would not believe the backlog of books on my shelves that I still need to get through. Enough to last me two years . . . if I were to drop everything and do nothing but read all day long. YIKES!

Yvonne said...

Interesting insight on the books. Thanks for that. Two movies? I did that tonight too! Weird. I saw Just Go With It and The Fighter. First movie was cute, made me long for love and the second one was really intense and very good! I loved it! I hope you and your wife had a good time out! I feel you on the the too many books to read. I have about 5 that are collecting dust on my bookshelf. I do intend to read them, I just need to make the time, I guess. I liked this Vlog of yours. Your words have a voice now. :)

getyourselfconnected said...

"The Fighter" was wonderful and was done in my hometown of Lowell and at my old boxing gym!

David Batista said...

I saw The Fighter as well, a while back when it first hit theaters. Very, very good. I'm so happy it received the awards it deserved.

Wow, GYC . . . that's amazing! Where are you located now?

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin