Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nostalgic For Paris



*Le sigh*

I'm miserable this week. Why, you might ask? Well, you see, for the past two years now the penultimate week in March has been reserved for our trip to Paris. Yes, *the* Paris -- France! Unfortunately, this year we couldn't pull it off due to circumstances beyond our control. And I'm seriously bummed out. I have such a yearning to be there, like, RIGHT THIS MINUTE!




So, in commemoration of the awesome time my wife and I had in the city of light back in 2009 and 2010, I'm posting the links to my original trip reports below. Won't you check them out and relive our happy adventures with me?

Paris Trip 1 (2009)
Paris Trip 2 (2010)




Also, if anyone would like to check out the pics I took of our time in Paris, I have the albums posted up on Facebook. Don't worry, you don't need to be a part of the "social experiment" to access these photos. I'm linking you all directly to the pics here and here. Please read the captions, too, if you fancy. I didn't write them just to give my fingers the exercise. :)

Meanwhile, if you'll excuse me . . . I have a nicely aged bottle of Saint-Émilion waiting to help me commiserate my separation sorrows.


11 comments:

Yvonne said...

You crack me up! I LOVE Paris in the Spring time or any time! lol I was there in 98 and again in 06 and had the most fabulous time! Your pictures have me craving for some french wine and the Eiffel Tower! ooh la la! :)

getyourselfconnected said...

Sorry you could not go to Paris. I will look at the pics when/if this sinus and bronchial infection clears up, it is a little hard to concentrate right now. Love the opening picture of this post, looks so familiar.....

Botanist said...

Shame you couldn't make it this year, David, but it sounds like you have an ideal consolation lined up, maybe with un grand entrecote avec frites?

Kim Kasch said...

It's hard to be homebound when everyone is springbreaking...but there's always next year :)

David Batista said...

Yvonne -- well, I hope you got to satisfy at least one of those cravings tonight! :)

GYC -- get well soon, buddy. And, gee, I wonder whatsoever you might be referring to exactly?

Ian -- Oooh, I wish! That's funny that you should say that, though. In the wine glass pic above, that's actually what I ordered for dinner at that cafe. I believe the name of the place is Cafe Panis, located in the Latin Quarter very close to Notre Dame.

Kim -- No one I know is springbreaking, thank god, LOL! But I know what you mean. And forget next year, we might just be travelling later this very year! I don't know if it will be to Paris (I hope so), but perhaps somewhere in Europe at least. Although, I've also been yearning to return to Istanbul and Turkiye. I so miss it there!

getyourselfconnected said...

Conan the Barbarian is on now and near the final big fight between him and Rexor! Gotta love the music:
http://tinyurl.com/6cnxd33

David Batista said...

Love that movie! And of course, the Basil Poledouris soundtrack is one of my faves, as well. You might not know this but I'm a huge Conan buff, and fan of a lot of Robert E. Howard's writings in fact. He's one of my many and legendary pulp heroes!

Well played, sir. Well played.

getyourselfconnected said...

From io9:
10 moments from Game of Thrones we hope make the show:
http://tinyurl.com/6956a2m

David Batista said...

Oh, cool! Thanks for that, man. :)

I actually read i09 on a daily basis, but I was busy lately and completely missed that one. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of those moments are in this season. I'm especially looking forward to the the Noyce/Jon Snow convo in the training yard at the Night's Watch. Nice looking out.

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

you go to paris once every year? hell i'm jealous...

David Batista said...

Shin Loo -- yeah, we do. Heck, I would go more often if I could! Never has a city so captured my imagination than Paris. Not even my hometown of New York, though I love it dearly here as well. I have a frequent flyer card with Air France, too, since I think they have truly superb in-flight service. And the food -- whoa! It's like a full-course meal at a Parisian bistro. They just keep feeding you and feeding you, and it's all included in the price of the ticket!

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin