Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ha-Ha -- My 80s Cartoon Inner Geek Smiles!

Sometimes--just sometimes--YouTube has something truly geeky and amazing to behold. This my friends . . . this is that time! :)

Someone went ahead and, as a purely technical exercise, constructed a fictitious trailer for a fake live-action Thundercats movie. For those of you who do not know the awesome animated greatness that was the Thundecats series -- it was pretty much the be all and end all of existence for little 8 and 9 year old boys in the mid 80s like my brother and I.

Well, this ingenious person or persons spliced together a bunch of clips from various recent movies like: Pitch Black, Lord of the Rings, Troy, Planet of the Apes, Chronicles of Riddick, Farscape, Stargate, and a few more I can't quite place but know I've seen. The faces were superimposed with gimpy Thundercats F/X makeup, but it still works somehow. I mean, check it out for yourself. Kudos to whoever is behind this. You will go far in Hollywood someday, methinks.

And while I'm not particularly itching for a live-action Thundercats movie to be made (my childhood would be raped yet again, I fear), I confess I did suffer a minor geekasm watching this!

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Ashe Hunt said...

OMG, that was so well done! If any studio tried to do this for real I'd probably be pissed, but these guys did a hell of a job for just an exercise. I look forward to seeing their names in films in the future. Wow!

Kim Kasch said...

My sons would like this. Happy Holidays!

David Batista said...

And to you, Kim!

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin