Monday, June 22, 2009

My Totem Sci-Fi Writer

Took this quiz today to discover who my inner sci-fi writer is. See the result:




I am:
James Tiptree, Jr. (Alice B. Sheldon)
In the 1970s she was perhaps the most memorable, and one of the most popular, short story writers. Her real life was as fantastic as her fiction.




Which science fiction writer are you?


Funny. I know the quiz skewed my answers towards this results based only on the one or two introspective choices I picked. But whatever, I'm honored! I've read a few James Tiptree, Jr. stories back when, like everyone else, I thought she was a man. Once the real identity of this amazingly gifted person came to light (can't believe she was once a SPOOK!), it was of course too late. Why do the best and most gifted have to leave us so soon?

I've been meaning to get around to reading the award-winning personal portrait written by Julie Phillips of the late great Alice B. Sheldon. It got the SF community in a buzz a couple of years back, I recall. Maybe I should take this as a sign to get cracking on that, and add it to my reading list.

Why don't you take the quiz and see which sci-fi writer you have slumming around in the dusty attic of your psyche?

Thanks go to my friend, Ashe, over at the Dragunz Den for making me aware of this.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin