Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Random Thought Of The Day

If abortion is evil because God has a plan for every life, then wouldn't this way of thinking extend to artificial forms of reproduction as well? I mean, if the taking of an unborn life is against God, then shouldn't bringing life into this world unnaturally be just as much of an affront? Are not abortion and fertility clinics two sides of the same coin? Both seek to circumvent God by providing us with services to alter life in a manner deviated from the natural order of things.

I, of course, am playing Devil's Advocate here. Regardless of my true feelings on the subject, I just came to this line of questioning after hearing some religious conservative on the subway talk about the evils of abortion, and how she values life so much that she even went in for artificial insemination to have her little boy . . . because God wanted her to have children.

A bit heavy for morning commute conversation, no? But, hey, if you live and work in New York City, you've heard much worse.

Yikes!

5 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

Ohhhh taking on the touchy subjects.

You've got guts.

David Batista said...

Well, I don't want this to be a preachy type of blog. I have friends on both sides of the debate, after all.

Just speaking my train of thought after overhearing this conversation on my subway ride in this morning.

Ashe Hunt said...

People's hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Captain Hook said...

I am going to risk people getting mad at me, but I don't see it as hypocrisy at all. Bringing a life into being and taking a life can not be compared like that.

David Batista said...

All opinions are welcomed here, Sarah. I'm not in a position to tell people how to think (who is?)

I'm not targeting religious people. Or even religious conservatives. I'm targeting that specific subset of people who believe that man interfering with biology and nature is against God. Which, in their view, includes abortion. And which, in my opinion, *should* also include artificial insemination or in-vitro fertilization. Yet, ironically, it doesn't to *some* of these types.

Odd, that.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin