Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Have No Fear . . .

Well folks, I hate to have to say this: but I've been too busy of late to find the time to write this week's recap of Game of Thrones.

What you say? This cannot be. Someone set up us the bomb! (Don't worry if you don't get the geeky reference, it's an old interwebs meme from back around the dawn of the new millennium.)

But grab your towels and RELAX! Don't Panic! (Yes, more geeky references) Because I'm here to tell you: you're still covered! See, I have awesome friends. And one of the things which makes a friend awesome is being there for you when you are down. And into that role steps in my very good friend, Rodney Lopez! He will be guest blogging here tomorrow with his own take on this past Sunday's episode of my favorite show and yours while I'm busy with other matters. I really hope you can all extend a warm welcoming embrace and don't pull any of those substitute teacher shenanigans while I'm away. Because you wouldn't like me when I'm angry, would you? No, you probably wouldn't.

Rod, aka "Dilking," and I go way back to our Academy days in Starfleet (that's college to the rest of you), and we share many of the same interests in books, movies, games . . . and of course, television shows. You may recognize him from the comments section on this blog, as he's been a guest here since pretty much Day 1. And like me, he's an ardent fan of Game of Thrones, although he has never read the books the show is based on.

Personally, I think this is a good thing. Rod will guide you through Episode 14: "Garden of Bones" as fresh as the driven snows of the North. He's just handed in the finished draft of his report, and I'm currently adding on some personal touches and screen grabs to the whole shebang. But I can tell you already -- it is DAMN GOOD!

And, hey, while you wait -- why don't you head on over to Rodney's blog, Deliberations Of Dilking, and check him out? It should become fairly obvious in short order why we two are friends. And in the meantime, here is a lovely message from everybody's favorite and most charming boy king to tide you over:




Awww, isn't he so DREAMY???

Stay cool, fools!

4 comments:

Rodney said...

Greetings and Salutations to all of the Bimillennial Man's readership!! I will be your substitute blogger for this week's Game of Thrones recap, while David is busy having a real life. Now some info about me:

Well, I'm a Capricorn. I love long walks on the beach... Um, wrong description. Suffice it to say that I'm a certified Nerd which has all the benefits of being a geek without having to pay for all crazy costumes and gear. Some interests include: Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, DC Comics, Lord of The Rings, etc.

Now that I've established my Nerd Cred, please don't worry. I'm not here to replace David's recaps, but allowing him to have a life and still maintain these awesome show recaps that we all enjoy. Everything that gets posted is under his strict approval.

Now I am going to reiterate this one point: I have never read the Song of Ice & Fire series. Please remember that as you're reading my recap and, I beg of you, tell me where I have forgotten or misinterpreted something, simply because I'm a newbie. I've already learned so much in doing this recap, but I want to learn all I can. (Cause I don't have the $ to buy the books or eReader.) So, have at it!! Just be constructive, please! No meanies!

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it!

David Batista said...

Very well said, and WELCOME! Hopefully I should be back and running again next week. I really appreciate you stepping in at the last minute like this.

Alittlesprite said...

looking forward to it.

Yvonne said...

Welcome! -Ha, "Nerd cred" ---hilarious!
I am not a "Throne" watcher, but do read David's blog, and occasionally leave comments that have nothing to do with the show. :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin