Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bear With Me . . .

As I mentioned earlier, I'm in the process of upgrading Blogger's commenting system to the cool and super dynamic 3rd party Disqus user interface. Apparently it's supposed to be much better and fluid than Blogger's built-in UI. Time will tell. If it works, I'll have greater control over comments as well as more moderation options and spam control.

For now, I've hit a major snag. It seems the template is installed--so you'll now be able to leave comments using the new interface--but I was unable to migrate over all my old comments. Which majorly sucks. I'll keep working on it, but for now if you've ever left a comment on my site in the past . . . they may be lost for good.

I don't think it's as dire as that, but as of right now the Disqus site is causing me grief in importing these comments. Hopefully I can update you all on some happy news in a few days if I can get it to work. And in the meantime I will also keep messing around with the look of the new interface. It's really just barebones right now, but at least it works. I hope.

Quick, somebody leave a message and let me know!

Eventually if I decide to keep this new system, I'll eliminate some redundancies like the two "Reactions" options now available at the end of each entry. I'll also do some other window dressing, too.

Be patient with me, that's all I ask.

UPDATE: Well, looks like the snag on Disqus end was really my browser's fault. For some reason the button for importing all the old comments over to the new system was not responding whenever I would click it. I even sent out an S.O.S. to the Disqus help team, before I eventually realized -- duh, just right click and manually open the link! After that, everything went smoothly, as evident by the fact that all the comments are back where they belong. Yippee!!

2 comments:

ryodin said...

Testing, testing 1-2-3. Testing, testing 1-2-3 . . .

David J. Batista said...

This is what it looks like if you write a comment without logging into either of the 5 sign-in options available.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin