Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh, How Very Christ-Like Of You

To Pastor what's-his-face down in FL who think it's a keen idea to encourage the burning of a certain religion's holy books in service of his Lord, here's what your Lord had to say about the matter some 2,000 odd years ago:

"On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’"
                                                                        -Matthew 7:22 - 23

Those who call themselves Christians should probably spend a lot more time reading their own holy book before condemning and destroying that of others, no? Call me crazy, but I doubt very much Christ would approve of this self-indulgent and hateful act done under His name.

Am I wrong?

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin