Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More Research . . .

I realized tonight that I'm going to need to do more research for the practice novel, this time reading up on the Eastern Orthodox Church, and in particular the Romanian Patriarchate. Although, since the story takes place in 15th century Wallachia, the Orthodox authority in that country was still a Metropolis answering to the Constantinople Patriarchate, technically making it still part of Greek Orthodoxy.

Hmmm, seems I have my work cut out for me. But I think this is all such fascinating reading material. Can't wait to dig in!

Luckily, I don't need this information for the first chapters I will be writing starting next week. The characters who will benefit the most from this research won't have their chapters written until after the holidays, I think. Phew! Gives me plenty of time to do more reading -- yay!

And, on the off chance anyone reading this might know more on the subject -- or if you can point me in the direction of some good books -- please leave a comment! I can use the help.

2 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

No help here - sorry - Eastern Orthodox...I'm on the west coast

yeah, just joking.

Sounds like it could be a "fan"tastic novel :)

I know, I'm a cornball

David Batista said...

LOL! That was actually funny, though. Both of 'em! :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin