Saturday, October 30, 2010

Music To Set The Mood


Well, it's getting closer to the start date of my novel. You know, the novel based on the 3rd NES game in the Castlevania series?

To get myself properly ready for this humongous undertaking, I went and found copies of the soundtracks for the first 4 games in the series -- Castlevania I, II, III, and IV -- and transferred them all over to my iTunes library. I plan to listen to the Dracula's Curse soundtrack on heavy rotation as I write seeing as, you know, my novel will be based on this particular title. But, honestly, all 4 soundtracks serve the same purpose: to get my head back into what it felt like to play these wonderfully atmospheric games when I was a kid.

If you would like to get your hands on the same tracks, just head on over to the Castlevania Crypt where you'll find all the info you ever wanted on all the games. For soundtracks, click on the "GAMES" menu and select which game you want. Then, once on that game's page, select "Soundtrack" from the sub-menu on the right.

As for my novel, writing begins tomorrow on Halloween. Oh, how fitting!

2 comments:

Botanist said...

I may have missed a previous post where maybe you mentioned it, but is the timing just coincidence or are you signed up for NaNoWriMo then?

Either way, good luck!

David Batista said...

No, I'm not doing NaNoWriMo. This really is just a coincidence. I always said I would start writing once a proper outline was produced. Well, I just recently finished the outline of the main chapters, which accounts for half the novel. I feel ready to begin actually writing on the novel now. It just so happens to be Halloween, too! :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin