Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Behind The Scenes

Yesterday I gushed all about Keri Hilson's video for the song "Pretty Girl Rock." As you probably gathered from that rather long fan piece I wrote, I think this is one of the best music videos I've seen in a while. Click on this link to go back a day and re-watch the video if you'd like. Below I'm embedding a cool little behind-the-scenes featurette, which has Keri and the director, Joseph Kahn, discussing the message of the song and the direction the video ultimately ended up taking:





I only just watched this for the first time this morning, but of course I concur with what the real underlying message of the song is. And, yes, I completely agree -- hair and makeup deserves big praise! But also the choreographers of the different era-specific dance styles. My god, that's a lot of talent on this one little girl-power anthem track! And, as usual, Keri herself comes across so totally charming and intelligent. I still stand behind my statement that (so far) she's my breakout artist of 2011. I know her new album was released back in the tail end of 2010, but this will be her year!

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin