Yesterday I gushed all about Keri Hilson's video for the song "Pretty Girl Rock." As you probably gathered from that rather long fan piece I wrote, I think this is one of the best music videos I've seen in a while. Click on this link to go back a day and re-watch the video if you'd like. Below I'm embedding a cool little behind-the-scenes featurette, which has Keri and the director, Joseph Kahn, discussing the message of the song and the direction the video ultimately ended up taking:
I only just watched this for the first time this morning, but of course I concur with what the real underlying message of the song is. And, yes, I completely agree -- hair and makeup deserves big praise! But also the choreographers of the different era-specific dance styles. My god, that's a lot of talent on this one little girl-power anthem track! And, as usual, Keri herself comes across so totally charming and intelligent. I still stand behind my statement that (so far) she's my breakout artist of 2011. I know her new album was released back in the tail end of 2010, but this will be her year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular On This Blog
-
Kids are aware of a great many things going on around them than most adults realize. Especially the unpleasant things. I'm often amaze...
-
( Ep. 1 -- "Winter is Coming" reactions. ) So here we are, episode 2 of Game of Thrones: "The Kingsroad." I actuall...
-
As many of you already know, I'm a HUGE fan of Highlander. The first movie is in my top 10 of favorite all-time flicks, but the tv sh...
-
Last year during our very first trip to Paris, I made it a point of identifying and locating as many filming locations for Highlander: The S...
-
It's been a fun 4 weeks leading up to this 5th episode, but now it's time to get serious! If I'm remembering the books correct...
No comments:
Post a Comment