Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Solemn Day For Me

Well, here we are. Another New Year's Day. I hope you all had a good time last night and didn't party too hard ushering in 2011.

Lisa and I took it easy. Some people think it's weird that I almost never do anything outrageous or "fun" on New Year's Eve. But then, this has never been the most fun holiday for me. Some of you know why:


My mom, brother Jose, and me on a trolley car
in Virginia Beach, circa 1982.

As usual, this time of year gets me moody thinking about my late mom. I've linked to the long and rather sad story of what happened here in this entry many times before, so click on that if you don't already know the reason for why I tend not to celebrate this time of year too robustly.

Still, I don't wish to be a downer to everyone. So, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!

I don't need to hope that this will be a good year for me, because any year forward is a happy one as far as I'm concerned. I think I've mentioned once or twice before that I'm an optimist, right? Well I am. And I also don't set any resolutions for myself because, to be perfectly honest, motivation has never been difficult for me to muster. If I have a goal, I do it. Plain and simple.

But for all of you who do set New Year's resolutions on this day: Good luck with that. I truly wish ya'll the best in all your endeavors.

Live Long and Prosper!

My mom and newborn me, circa 1976.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin