Wednesday, January 12, 2011

FINISH HIM!!!!!

Guess who's coming to dinner in Mortal Kombat land later this year? Why, the God of War himself -- and exclusive to the PlayStation 3, naturally! Check out the reveal footage below. As Scorpion and Sub Zero prepare to throw down, they receive a rather rude interruption. GET OVAR HERE!!!





This seems to be the trend with fighting games lately, for each console to license an exclusive guest fighter from another series specific to the console of choice. It makes sense that Kratos would be an exclusive on the PS3's version of the game, then, since he's easily the most kick-ass anti-hero around this generation. With all the gruesome, graphic blood letting the Ghost of Sparta has been the cause of in those games, methinks he'll be a natural fit among the psychopathic bloodthirsty kombatants of the MK universe. This may just be my first Mortal Kombat game in over a decade. Last time I played one was on the Sega Genesis.

Wow! Memories . . .

And, those of you who know me, let's see if you can recall my favorite fighter from the series. Come on, you can do it. Just write it in the comments section below. Needless to say, I'll be using him almost exclusively this time around. Just you wait and see!

This ninth installment in the Mortal Kombat franchise is slated for release on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles sometime in April. Word on the street right now is that X360 owners will be getting Fulgore, the cyborg fighter from Rare's Killer Instinct series. Although this is an unsubstantiated rumor as of right now, it's one that seems to be gaining A LOT of traction on the message boards today.

I say "meh." Killer Instinct was an okay fighting game on the SNES back in the day . . . but doesn't have nearly the same allure as, say, a Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Hell, I'd take Tekken over it any day. Although, okay, maybe that's a bit of a stretch. The N64 version of KI2 was quite spectacular, to be honest.

Still, Fulgore is no equivalent to Kratos. Sorry X360 fans, PS3 fanboys win this round.

2 comments:

Rodney said...

I actually don't remember who was your favorite MK Kharacter, it's been so long since I've played Mortal Kombat. But I can hazard a guess:

Raiden

I have to admit, I like the idea of Kratos in MK9. He just seems to fit perfectly in that mythos, even if it just a guest spot.

David Batista said...

Ding, ding, ding! Give the man a cigar! :)

Yes, Raiden fits my usual archetype for the fighters I pick in these types of games -- calm, mysterious, and in command of their emotions. Though, at the same time, usually one of the more skilled combatants on the list.

Plus, they're usually Asian. LOL!

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin