Friday, April 15, 2011

Wow! This Is David Hyde Pierce Like I Never Thought I'd See Him

I always liked David Hyde Pierce as Dr. Crane's wacky little brother, Niles, on the hit tv show "Frasier." But never in a million years would I have ever pegged him for being the perfect replacement for Dr. Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter. No, he's not playing that iconic role in his latest upcoming movie, The Perfect Host -- but damn if he doesn't display the glimmer of a Tony Hopkins-esque functional psychopath here. Watch the film's excellent trailer below and tell me you don't see it:





What do you think? Couldn't he totally be Hannibal Lecter if they were to make another movie in that series? Not that I think they should, mind you. But wow, DHP, I'm impressed. And what an intriguing premise! I'm now completely psyched to catch this thriller. How about you?

11 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

Freaky - I might like it - at least I couldn't say it was too slow for me...

Jennifer Hillier said...

WOW. This is so my kind of movie. He totally had a Lecter vibe! Surprising!

Botanist said...

Well, I've always known him to be a fantastic actor, so it is no surprise that he can pull off such a creepy performance. Love how the tables get turned on the criminal.

David Batista said...

Kim -- LOL! It's definitely no The King's Speech. :)

Jen -- I figured this would be right down your alley. I love thrillers, too!

Ian -- I know, the tables being turned is such a great premise. I also like the psychological aspects of what's really going on at this supposed "dinner party." At least, from what I'm able to gather by the clues in the trailer.

Yvonne said...

How freakish is that? He totally could be a younger version of the HL! Wow. And I loved him as Niles! He was hysterical!

Ashe Hunt said...

Yeah, Niles was my dude! He definitely pulls off the psycho vibe. Looking forward to this one.

Rodney said...

I don't see why you would be surprised, David. From the first ep of Fraiser I saw him in, I knew that DHP would make an excellent psychopath. I'm not quite sure he's on the same level as Hannibal though.

DHP has a marvelous gift for seemingly effortless sarcastic wit that would be wasted if he played Hannibal. Still, DHP would give an excellent performance in the role if he were cast.

The Frisky Virgin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE DHP! Though he will always be Niles to me, this looks outrageous (in a good way). He really did have some freaky Hannibal-esque moments!!!! Good call! This looks really interesting!

David Batista said...

Cool! I'm so glad so many people are liking this trailer. I didn't even know this movie was coming out until just now. Completely slipped under my radar. And it seems everyone loves Niles! :)

Rodney said...

Oh, I love Niles. But I was watching Frasier for Daphne.

David Batista said...

Of course, Rod. How did I know? :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin