Saturday, October 24, 2009

Darn Movie Trailer Almost Made Me Cry!

We went to check out Where The Wild Things Are and Law Abiding Citizen at the Kip's Bay multiplex this morning, and this trailer for a new movie called The Blind Side was playing before the latter:



I mean, I know the movie is intentionally trying to pluck the heartstrings here . . . but I just can't help it! From the trailer alone I was so very moved, which of course makes me really want to see the whole movie. I love that it's based on a true story, too, and that Sandra Bullock is in a non-comedic role. Way to go!

The Blind Side is based on the book by the same name, and tells the real life story of Michael Oher, who was drafted into the Baltimore Ravens as the team's RT (right tackle) earlier this year.

My only fear is that this might turn out like last year's Will Smith starrer, Seven Pounds, which was also based on a true story but was way too saccharine for my tastes. I mean, I could actually feel myself as an audience member being emotionally manipulated. Never a good thing. Jamie Foxx's The Soloist was the same way, too.

So yeah, this is looking very good. But I hope it doesn't turn out like those two movies.

What's your opinion from watching the trailer?

2 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh we will definitely be seeing that one as a family. Going to the Wild Things tomorrow. Can hardly wait.

David Batista said...

Wild Things was very good. It's very touching, especially in regards to the young boy dealing with issues of feeling ignored and marginalized at home. If you watch it keeping that theme in mind (as well as the precocious workings of an 8 year old's imagination), I think you'll really enjoy this flick.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin