Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh, My Sweet Summer Child . . .

"What do you know about fear?"

I'm reposting this video of an earlier Game of Thrones teaser trailer simply to hear Old Nan's awesome voice-over as she tells Bran what it truly means that "Winter is coming!" If you remember, at the very end of my Episode 3 commentary roundup yesterday, I mentioned that the actress playing Old Nan recently passed away. Which is much to the anguish of many fans who, like me, thought she was just the most PERFECT person to play her. Her lines are only at the beginning of this clip, but it still sends goosebumps up my arm.





Also, I thought it would be nice for some of you who have already seen a few episodes to take a second gander at this trailer and notice how it's all starting to make sense now. Cool, eh? Almost every shot in here is from the first 3 episodes, which have already aired.

I'm still trying to find a clip of just the Old Nan scene in Bran's bedchamber. Just that one part alone and nothing else. Preferably with impeccable sound so that I can savor the rich timbre of the actress's amazing delivery. But so far I've been digging up blanks.

This will have to do for now, I suppose.

4 comments:

getyourselfconnected said...

Sweet child O mine! This series needs lightsabers I think.... :)

Watchtower said...

David your reviews on this series is excellent, your enthusiasm has me wanting to read the books.

David Batista said...

GYSC -- I just did a Darth Vader "Nooooooooooo!" at the thought.

WT -- Oh, you should totally read the books. Then you will be truly enslaved . . . er, I mean hooked like the rest of us! Also, I'm so glad everyone's loving my commentaries. I do it all for you guys. :)

Kim Kasch said...

Watched a bit again - but it was a repeat - the one I'd already watched bits of.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin