Sunday, May 22, 2011

So . . .

How was your weekend?

Mine was pretty blah, but I don't exactly know why. I guess I'm feeling a bit moody. Lots of things going on in my personal life I can't talk about. But let's just say it feels like the shit's coming at me from all directions. If it's not one thing, it's another. On and on it keeps on coming.

But, anyway. Yeah, don't mind me.

On the positive side, I was sorta productive. I worked on the third rewrite of my new story, "Terra Germinatus." As I said earlier when I first posted the very rough draft of it here on this blog -- this tale has been significantly revised. So what you read back then isn't necessarily the same story I'll be submitting to editors now. I mean, the plot points are the same. And the themes definitely are. But the mechanics have been tweaked, slimmed down, rearranged, and polished all over again. I might just have something here.

I also finished up Dead Space 2 on the Playstation 3 over the weekend. Finally! You can read about it on my "Now Playing" sidebar. I thought I had lost all interest in this game, which is why I stopped playing it for a while. But I had left off so close to the end, so it really didn't take much effort to hop back into the saddle and maneuver Isaac Clarke toward the resolution of his sad little story. I ended up having a lot of fun, though, because the last moments of the game were truly gripping. With all my weapons fully upgraded, I kicked a lot of ass and came out victorious!

So, now that that's out of the way, I'm ready to tackle the next game on my list: L.A. Noire. But god only knows when I'll have the time to start that up. I don't see it happening until MAYBE next weekend at the earliest. Will have to wait and see.

In the meantime, I hope you are all doing well. Have a great start to the week, courtesy of moi!

Later!

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

Meh! There must be something in the air! Sorry you're having an unsettling time, hope whatever your angsts are, clear up soon my friend! My weekend was uneventful and kinda "blah" as well. Though, I'm trying to very hard to change that. Anyway, your weekend was semi-productive at least! You did manage to work on your story -that's always a good thing! Chin up David! Have an awesome week!

Jennifer Hillier said...

Aw, sorry to hear your weekend wasn't great and that you're going through a stressful time. Anything I can do? Let me know, okay?

But it sounds like you've been productive. Yay for the rewrites! Here's to a better week for you (and me).

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

Have a good week. I Good luck with the writing.
I have to move in 5 weeks so i have my share of yuck.
So cool you finished the game :)
Follow me back please.
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

David Batista said...

Thanks guys (eh . . . gals), you're full of awesome! :)

Hey Flowers, thanks for stopping by and commenting. And good luck on the move. Ugh! I *hate* moving!

Kim Kasch said...

Sorry about the weekend but remember they come and go so quickly. Good job on the writing tho'
I've been working on a second set of revisions. Not as EZ as it sounds. But I've got my fingers crossed that this version will come out shining.

getyourselfconnected said...

Sorry things have been rough as of late, all my best for you. When I get hit from all sides and feel a bit off I curl up with my favorite Highlander episodes and have a good cry. If that does not work I go out and buy shoes. I am kidding about the shoes and crying but I was trying to get you to laugh.

David Batista said...

Kim -- Thanks. And, yeah, it's not easy. But good luck to you!

GYSC -- LOL, I was about to say! The Highlander part is right, though. I need to do that, STAT! Thanks for that. You did get me to laugh.

getyourselfconnected said...

Good start, now go load up "The Immortal Cimoli" because Damon Case is awesome and "Houdini was a friend of mine, and you are no Houdini."

David Batista said...

That Quickening sure was awesome. Case's one, not Danny's. Loved his very Italian mama. "I know: you do magic, you do tricks." :) Not one of my favorite eps, though.

Watchtower said...

Sounds like my weekend went a little better than yours did (except for the finishing of Dead Space 2!), I was getting my kicks on Route 66 in Missouri.
Found myself exploring a few forgotten towns that went by the wayside after the new interstate came thru...my kind of fun : )

I read your story 'Hatchling' when I got back, I thought it was cool, enjoyed it a lot.
I bet you could write a kickass sci-fi RPG too!

David Batista said...

LOL! By new Interstate, I thought you meant the tornado that just came through there. But glad to hear you had a good time. Awesome, man!

And thanks so much for taking the time to read the story. I usually do write bigger sci-fi than that. Hmmm ... I would love to write a sci-fi RPG like Too Human or Mass Effect. I've got ideas, too! :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin