Thursday, May 26, 2011

You Complete Me

Yes, that's right. YOU DO!

This is just a huge shout out/thank you to all the fabulous folks who have greatly increased my site's traffic within, literally, only the past couple of months. Not everyone is commenting in the comments sections--although those of you who do, I'm eternally grateful for--but I understand the appeal of lurkdom.

When I first started this blog back in late 2008, at best I would get 3 to 5 unique visitors every few days. Most days I would get zero. In 2010, the average was about 5 to 8 EVERY day, with sporadic spurts here and there. My Self-Guided Highlander Tours of Paris, part 1 and part 2, were the biggest generator of most of this new found traffic (for obvious reasons), while my book and movie reviews consistently garnered no attention whatsoever. Hence why I ended up dropping those. Let's face it: in the great blog-o-sphere, no one really cares what your own personal opinion on pop culture is. We all have such varying tastes, after all.

This year, however, things have changed. My unique daily visitors tripled to the double digits--mostly in the teens and twenties--at the start of 2011, thanks in large part to the addition of some very cool daily followers whom I cherish as good friends now (Yvonne, GYSC, Jen, Frisky, Watchtower, Shin Loo, Nicole, KLo, etc -- you know who you are!) In addition to my old time regulars from the early days of this blog (Tarrell, Rodney, Kim, Ian, Cindy, Sarah), you guys have made this a "happening" place to be! :)

However, nothing has prepared me for the traffic I've been getting since around late March, early April, here. I guess I have Game of Thrones to blame thank for the sudden popularity. These days, it's a regular occurrence for me to get visitor counts in the 50s and 60s range. In the past month, even up to the 80s and--YIKES!--a handful of 3-digit days every now and then! Are you kidding me? Seriously???

Anyway, you don't have to take my word for it. Here's a glimpse at the latest weekly count chart breaking down the numbers, courtesy of my stat counter site BlogPatrol.com:




And, yes, I do remember to exclude my personal IP addies from the count. I'm not completely clueless.

But pretty crazy figures, huh? I'm sure some of my more popular blog buddies snort at these numbers, but they're great to me. Especially considering where they were prior to 2011.

Needless to say, all the tireless work I've been putting into promoting the Game of Thrones show on HBO is paying off! My episode reaction posts in particular bring in the lion's share of all that traffic. I'm sorry, I meant the "Lannister's share," as we're wont to say in Westeros.

So, to all of you out there who take time off your busy lives to check in on me here at The Bimillennial Man -- thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

And now . . . let's party, PEANUTS style!





(Hey, be glad I didn't say "DIREWOLF" style!)

10 comments:

Watchtower said...

You deserve it David, your Game of Thrones synopses that you came up with is brilliant.

Being somewhat of a gamer myself, I really enjoy your take on the games you've played too.
Hopefully you'll give a run down of L.A. Noire once you get into it.

Nicole said...

Way to go David! I'm happy to be one of those that has come across your blog :)

Keep up the awesome!

Jennifer Hillier said...

Look at you, Mr. Popularity! ;)

I like hanging around here. There's good energy. You're stuck with us.

David Batista said...

WT -- I shall endeavor to post up more gaming related content here. And when I finally start up L.A. Noire, you can be sure that I will update the "Now Playing" sidebar on the right as often as possible.

Nicole -- Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm guilty of lurking on your site, and I have to say some of your posts are HILARIOUS. Hmm, I think I'll stop by shortly and leave a comment. :)

Jen -- Aww, you're the best! I'm not Jen Hillier popular, though. That would be IMPOSSIBLE!

getyourselfconnected said...

All well deserved! I know for a fact quite a few of my visitors stop in here (obvioulsy watchtower, who is the greatest reader a blogger could ask for BTW) but many email me asking stuff about "hatchling" and The Game of Thrones. I write them: ASK DAVID! Geez, I don't write this stuff, lol.

David, I am honored to be your friend. More views coming I believe.

David Batista said...

GYSC, aww . . . thanks, man! And, seriously? Yeah, they should just come ask me directly over here. I won't bite. Much. :)

Oh, and -- holy shit snacks! I just checked my visitor counter for the day, and it's already up to 116 unique visits and climbing! Whoa, someone pinch me now!

Yvonne said...

You're just full of compliments today aren't you? I'm super glad that I found your blog by way of Frisky! And Jennifer is right, definitely positive energy here and besides, this is where all the cool peeps hang out! The added Peanuts touch was awesome! I love those guys!!! :)

David Batista said...

Haha, I knew at least one person visiting this blog would be "nuts" for peanuts. Seems that person is you, Yvonne! :)

And thanks for the kind words. I'm so glad you stopped by one day, and that I got to know you better through your own crazy hilarious blog.

Botanist said...

Hey! Well done David. My blog traffic has been slow but steady over the last year, and it pales into insignificance alongside these awesome stats! Keep it up, you're obviously doing lots right.

Ashe Hunt said...

But of course! Who wouldn't love it here! The future will only get better and I'll be here as I have been since the beginning!

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin