Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Hope This Movie Bombs Horrifically!


I can't believe the amount of hatred I can have for one movie based solely on the trailers, but Roland Emmerich's latest shitfest really takes the cake! I mean, disregarding the whole stupid bullshit behind the so-called "year 2012" Mayan calendar prediction (which, btw, real living Mayan descendants today know nothing about), this is a bad movie just on principle.

The Australian division of Ign.com has just released an early review of the film, and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one that agrees it's one of the silliest movies this side of The Day After Tomorrow. Which, not coincidentally, is also a Roland Emmerich shitfest. See the pattern, anyone? If you want to read the review, click here.

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Everything the reviewer complains about is exactly what I took from just watching the trailer. The first time I saw this in the theaters, my mouth literally hung open in shock. I could not believe the sheer amount of DUMB being hurled my way. It was so embarrassing that other people in the theater were shaking their heads and chuckling. It's like watching the payoff moment at the end of Speed . . . playing over and over and over again. Is this all that the movie is going to be? Because it sure looks like it.

Check out the trailer below. I'm linking to it because I just don't want to waste good bandwidth embedding this piece of shit. But don't take my word for it. If you can stomach the sheer stupid, click and ye shall be enlightened:


The film has an estimated budget somewhere north of the $200 mil mark. GAH! I want this thing to bomb so badly that Hollywood will never ever think of letting Roland Emmerich near another film set ever again. I mean, yeah he brought us Stargate and Independence Day--both on my top 20 list of favorite movies of all time--but everything else has been downhill since then.

This movie needs to die, and die horribly. 'Nuff said.

4 comments:

Rodney said...

I will do with this movie what I did with "Day After Tomorrow". Ignore it completely. I put 2012 in the same category as: Clueless, Legally Blonde,
Charlie's Angels, and Twilight.

Not worth a single iota of my attention.

David Batista said...

Good man!

I want to spread the word to as many people as I know to not even bother wasting a single cent on this POS. It's just . . . insulting! The less money it makes, the happier I will be.

And boo! to people who actually believe in the doomsday prophecy behind the date 12/21/2012. On December 22 when we're all going about the drudgery that is the holiday season, these people should immediately have their intelligence cards revoked and banned from the human race.

Yeah! :)

Kim Kasch said...

Went and saw Where the Wild Things are - not so good although I really enjoyed the creatures, the plot was weak

David Batista said...

Well, to be fair Kim, the book is barely 8 sentences long. I enjoyed seeing where the director took liberties and filled in the implied spaces left behind by the brief narrative of the book. For me, it worked very well. I liked it. Plus, if you've watched any of Spike Jonez other films, you can see this is really his style of movie through and through.

It's not a kid's movie, btw. But I think that's fairly obvious. :)

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin