Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yet Another Remake . . .

Since so many of my cherished childhood movies are being remade or re-imagined, why not add another to the list, eh? This time, it's Clash of the Titans. And it looks like they got none other than rising badass Aussie star, Sam Worthington, to play the main role of Perseus, portrayed in the original by Harry Hamlin.

I've actually known about this for some time. And while I can definitely see the success of the film 300 playing a bigger role in the decision to greenlight this, I can't say I'm too disappointed by the prospect. Which is a shocker. I usually HATE remakes. But if done right, Clash can benefit from a more modern retrofit, I think.

Anyway, here's a teaser for the movie, which will hit theaters next March. I'm not a big fan of the music choice for the trailer. Sucks pretty bad, but hopefully it won't be an indication of the film itself:



I hope this spurs a kickass DVD release of the original, though. I've been dying to purchase it for my home collection, but am disappointed by the barebones version out in stores. It's time they release a better disc of the original classic, and now's as good a time as any.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin