Tuesday, December 22, 2009

First Karate Kid Remake Trailer



I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face.

See, the Karate Kid is one of my most favorite of 80s movies -- right up there with The Last Dragon and Coming to America. These movies are so indelibly connected to 80s nostalgia in my mind. Karate Kid in particular holds a special place in my movie-loving heart. It instantly transports me back to being 8 years old. I've seen this movie so many times I can recite it word for word.

See also, the Internet is full of jaded ass-hats. They heard that a remake was in the works, and that the core concept was being altered. Instead of Karate, the focus this time would be Kung-fu. And instead of an old Japanese man teaching a young American kid a martial art from his home country, this time it was an old Chinese man played by Jackie Chan. And--worst of all, according to these same ass-hats--the Ralph Macchio character, Daniel, was now Andre or "Dre" and being portrayed by Will Smith's son, Jaden.

Loud was the collective nerdgassing heard around the interwebs at this news. Loud, I tell you! Everyone and their crippled autistic uncles swore that this movie had no choice but to SUCK and suck it hard.

But now I've seen the trailer, and so shall you. And you will see why it is that I have a big grin on my face, and why it is that I think the cherished memories of my 80s youth have not been unduly molested. Click on the embedded Yahoo player below and judge for yourself:



Now I ask you, does this movie not look like THE SHIT? Because, to me, it kicks all 31 assorted flavors of ASS! This is so cool! I can't wait to watch this. I think the tone is just about perfect and, being that I love all things China, the setting is way cooler that the California "valley" of the original.

Go Jaden! I knew you could do it! Following in the esteemed footsteps of your daddy. You're going to take over the Hollywood game, I just *know* it.

3 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

The hottest new thing - according to my boys - is Modern Warfare or League of Legends. You'll have to check that out and let me know what you think.

David Batista said...

Kim, if you check my sidebar down below, I already played Modern Warfare 2. I even had a few a few blog posts on it back in November.

Ashe Hunt said...

Oh HELL YEAH! Can't wait for this.

You Might Also Like:

LinkWithin